Chapter 25

It was very quiet.

Too quiet.

The group haven't done anything in the last few months, apart from celebrating Christmas which had past like two months ago. (Y/N) taught everybody how to celebrate the season. Even Komugi was a little unknown to the celebrations. She invited

• Gon
• Killua
• Leorio
• Kurapika
• Knuckle
• Shoot
• Morel
• Knov
• A few random people that just turned out with the groups.

Youpi was excited for it and everybody showed him to how play games and what a mistletoe meant. He even kissed Pouf at a point which made him flush up and pass out. Youpi laughed and helped Pouf to the couch as it took for him like an hour to wake up.

Pitou sat on the fluffy carpet that Leorio thought of buying and she loved it the most. She even fell asleep on it with a purr. Leorio was confused at first but then realized she was part cat from being a Chimera Ant.

When Pouf wasn't embarressed he would have a good time and talk to everyone. Morel would explain how they celebrate the years, if they had no kids and if they did have kids. He understood pretty easily.

Komugi was with Gon and Killua for the most part, she was a few years older, but would love to experience what she missed out for all those years. Gon and Killua played with pillows, and Komugi was confused at their sillyness, but (Y/N) said it was perfectly fine to join in and have fun, so she did.

Meruem... Well... He was surprisingly calm about the whole situations and not over-reactive. He did ask a lot of questions when it came to something he didn't quite understand. There was a point where they got to a mistletoe and he asked about it and when (Y/N) explained he just stared at the leaf and pulled it down, examining it and placed it back. He asked why did it mean that. I don't even know. The good part of the whole day was that he played along with the season and events.

After Christmas, it was boring. They would walk around the forest, and not much more.

"Ugh! There is nothing to do! I'm so bored!" Pitou layed on her back and yawned loudly. "Hmm..." She jumped to her feet and walked to the bookshelf. "Let's see..." She searched for a book to read but gave up and sat back down. "Nothing at all! (Y/N)! What do humans do for fun!?"

"Fun? There are video games. Come on, I'll show you." She got out of Meruem's arms and escorted Pitou upstairs.

"Lord Meruem?" Komugi started to speak as he looked at her curiously. "Are you up for a game on Gungi?" He smiled at this and accepted her challenge.

"I'll beat you this time. I've been practicing."

"I believe in you, but I won't go easy."

Long story short. Meruem loses yet again. Haha.

---

(Y/N) put on a video game and her and Pitou had a blast on it. They screamed, laughed and raged. Pitou even tried to break the controller, but was stopped and warned about how expensive they were.

---

Youpi was testing out some of the mutated forms he could take and attempted his centaur looking form and it worked. He could run on four legs now, and that is exactly what he did. He ran around the forest, dodging every log, rock, branch and anything that could be in his way. He should join a horse race. He would get away with it, right?

---

Pouf was sat on the roof, in the cold breeze, playing his violin and singing a song to himself. He does this to keep himself entertained. It never gets old for him. He's always been good but there is always room for improvements in every song and note you do.

---

A phone soon rang and (Y/N) answered and was asked to meet up with the higher-ups with Meruem and she was nervous but accepted.

"Komugi!" The woman called from downstairs and Komugi lifted her head from the Gungi Board and looked at Meruem for approval who just nodded. She got up, bowed to the King (love her) and walked to meet (Y/N) at the bottom of the stairs. "Me and Meruem need to see the higher-up Hunters now, so I need you to watch the others. Maybe teach them some Gungi so you all can have like a mini  tournament."

"Yes! That sounds like an amazing idea! Thank you, (Y/N)." She was so greatful with having that big of a responsiblilty. "I'll get Lord Meruem for you now." Komugi then left.

"It's just Meruem now, Komugi! No more formalities!" (Y/N) called up as Pouf entered the house with Youpi and looked at her.

"Everything alright, (Y/N)?" Pouf asked, making his voiling disappear into thin air.

"Yes. Komugi will be teaching you three some Gungi while me and Meruem go for a meeting." (Y/N) explained briefly.

"What sort of meeting?" Youpi now speaks. "Is it bad?"

"It shouldn't be bad, but we need to go incase it is good news about our bands." They all looked at the bands that tracked their location. "We shouldn't be long. You ready, Meruem?"

"Yes." He nodded and grabbed a cowboy hat and placed it over his head, trying to hide the top of his head which worked. "Why can't I just walk around like this?"

"People still see Chimera Ants as a threat. That is why you haven't seen any around much." (Y/N) rubbed his back and walked out the door. "I expect you three on your best behaviour or no chocolate chip cookies when I get back."

"What!?" Pitou cried.

"I'M NO KID! HOW DARE YOU!?" Pouf screamed and Youpi chuckled at hus reaction. "WHY YOU..." He growled and sat on the sofa, hiding his face. "Ok... fine."

"Uhm... Let's go teach you guys Gungi." They all then followed Komugi upstairs as the two left and locked the door.

"You think they will be fine with Komugi?" Meruem asked, arms crossed over his chest. "I don't want anybody getting hurt."

"Me and Pitou have placed conditions on you all. So we'll know when we get back if anybody has gotten hurt."

"I see." He then looked around and stopped moving. "(Y/N)." She then stopped and looked at the former King. "Come here." She did as told and when she got close, Meruem wrapped his arms around her. (Y/N) did the same. "I hate for what I have done. I didn't know. I was born to rule, and that is what I stood by. To create a better world that humans thought they had control over, but I see now that not all humans are bad."

"It's okay. It's like saying not all Chimera Ants are good either. There are some evil ones out there still. I am just glad you changed." She placed her hands on his cheeks and he flushed up a blue colour, tail swinging side to side. "I love you, my King." She kissed his lips for a moment and pulled away, but Meruem grabbed her wrist before pulling her in for another one.

"Your lips tasted nice." He chuckled and (Y/N) blushed and looked away.

"T-Thanks? Ok, we better get going now."

"Ok." They then continued their joruney to the busy city.