Chapter 17

As Pitou and (Y/N) came to the exit of the forest, the human collasped. Pitou didn't fall with her, but she lost balance for a moment, using her nails to grip onto the closest tree.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)? Do you need me to summon Doctor Blythe for your wounds?" Pitou asked, now joining her on the ground.

"N-No, Pitou. We are both weak right now, and we have to reserve out strength for has what to come." (Y/N) leaned against the tree next to Pitou. The cat Chimera looked at her, rather confused. "I have to be honest with you. I sensed something was off since I started to like you guys... Including Pouf, but... I sensed that you would all die, but you have been saved, so you're fine."

"What do you mean?" Pitou asked, now growing worried. "What's happening?"

"Netero, the man who fought the King, has a very powerful bomb in his heart. I sensed the power while we were at the palace, and that it exploded. If somebody somehow survives it, then it poisons them... killing them between 30 minutes and 24 hours, depending on the immune system inside of somebody. Therefore, what I am saying is the King is probably poisoned and that is why we practised out combined healing in secret." Pitou gasped at this. It all made sense now. "It is likely Pouf and Youpi have the poison as well, and will definately die before the King. We have the combined power to bring them back to life, and remove the poison, but... It'll come with a price."

"And what is that?"

"We'll have to give them a word and if they break it, then... They'll become very ill until we heal with a new price."

"So if they break the rule, they're tortured?"

"Pretty much. We have to rest. We cannot work if we're too weak."

"I know I have to protect the King, but... I know what has to be done."

"Pitou, the King will understand it all. I love him a lot. We confessed our feelings to each other earlier tonight."

"You did? About time." She smiled.

"I've known you all for like a week at best?"

"Well, it seems a lot longer than that." Pitou sighed and crossed her arms.

"It does feel longer. We've learnt so much about each other, and he just grown softer and more Leader like. Caring for those around him. Sure, I don't agree the selection, and due to what will happen the price they'll have to pay will to be not to devour or kill anymore. I want this to be their price or we'll all have people on our back. We'll have to abandon the palace and find a place to stay, but I do have a good idea where we could stay."

"You really plan this through, huh?" She smiled and her tail wagged a little. "It's like you have foreseen this somewhere."

"It feels like that, but I haven't. Anyway... I'm going for a short nap, wake me up when the sun starts to rise because you can control when you sleep and wake up, right?"

"Of course, I can, but I could use a few hours."

"I would say it's about 1 in the morning or so, so we have at least 4 hours to get some sleep." (Y/N) layed down against the tree and yawned and closed her eyes. "Goodnight, Pitou."

Pitou looked at her and layed down next to her.

"Goodnight..." Pitou smiled and closed her eyes as well.

(Y/N) smiled as she watched Pitou sleep and she fell asleep as well, looking at the moon and stars.

---

"You are the very pinnacle of being! And that much is certain!" Pouf was serious because they knew how much stronger he was.

---