Chapter 15

As Meruem, Youpi and Pouf slowly descended down to the palace grounds, Knuckle and Meleoron were hidden amongst the crowds, acting like a hypnotized civilian.

'He's back.' Knuckle spoke to himself, sweating nervously. Meleoron was speechless and tried to act casual.

'The King... He has returned.' Palm was running, still covering her one eye so she can see the visions she had set out.

Ikalgo peeked from a corner, watching the King and his two Royal Guards descend as he hummed and sweated nervously - his head still pretty damaged from his fight with Welfin.

Killua and Komugi were still quite a way from the palace, so they're luckily out of Meruem's eye sight. However, it wouldn't of been so bad for Komugi if they were spotted.

---

Meruem had landed inside of the palace ground, on the path leading to the destroyed palace. His wings and retracted into his body so they were no longer visible. Youpi and Pouf still flying either side of him... both still tiny, of course.

---

"Hey, aren't we a little too close?" Meleoron asked Knuckle, knowing nobody could hear them.

"It's okay. We're close, but not close enough to trigger APR's timer." Knuckle answered nervously. 'When the King and Pouf split up, that's when our real problems are gonna begin. Should I remove APR from Pouf, and turn around and go after the King?'

---

Meruem walked around, examing the trees and the large white type of eggs. Pouf noticed his gazing around and decided to explain to him.

"What you see here are human grapes. Those that can become soldiers, wait here to be ripen." Pouf explained as the King continued to walk and examine everything.

'Hurry! Hurry!' Pouf sweated as his clones were flying quickly to remove the evidence.

"Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!" Most of the copied as they flew. It was very quiet though. "Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Faster!" They entered Komugi's room. "Come on hide it fast! Hurry! Hurry! Faster! Faster!" The clones removed the Gungi board and pieces, and the cushion. They also did the same to (Y/N)'s room, removing anything that can rejog Meruem's memory. "We must also hurry! But where is Welfin!?"

---

"Killua!" Palm ran to Killua as the boy picked up Komugi on his back again. "The King is at the palace's enterance."

"Yeah."

"We should go and circle around the wall, and hide ourselves among the crowd."

"Okay." As they walked side-by-side, Killua spoke again. "How about Gon and Pitou?"

"Hold on... They just entered the hideout in the capital. They're walking down a hallway."

"So, I'm curious, how does that crystal work? Do you see Pouf and me in it to?"

"Yes. I have a birds-eye view of you. When I look at someone with just my right eye, my Wink Blue registers them on the crystal, after that, I acn monitor them any time I like, but I look in with just my left. At the present time, the crystal ball shows Gon and Pitou, Killua and I, as well as Pouf, the King and Youpi all simultaneously. It's almost like I'm watching a split-screen television. However, my right eye has only seen Pouf, Gon, and of course, you, no one else. That means I can only see the others when they're around one of you. And I can only use my power to watch three people at one time. If I see someone else with only my right eye, I won't be able to see the oldest of the three, which in this case is Pouf."