Part 6 (en)

Nat: so y/n? What's your story?
Y/N: I don't really want to talk about it right now I'm sorry...
Bucky: take it easy on them guys they've been through a lot.
Thor: because you're the Cold Soldier?
Steve: Thor!
Y/N: it's fine Steve... You know what? Just ask your question so we're over it.
Thor: how long were you with HYDRA?
Y/N: first of all, I was not with HYDRA but under control of HYDRA. And I was there for 15 years but only 5 on service.
Tony: what does that mean?
Bucky: it means that the other 10 years they were in ice.
Nat: oh like you?
Y/N: yes, I was difficult to brainwash at first, their program wouldn't work on me very long so they had to put me in ice to find something stronger. Spoiler alert, they didn't.
Thor: so why did they take you out of ice?
Y/N: they were in desperate need of help? I guess, I don't know, we're not supposed to ask questions and I didn't have control of my own damn brain. James and I had to team up during 4 years, we were a really good team, just not for the good cause. But the program was weak and him and I would often get our memory back so they would knock us out and put us in a room. The only time we could talk to each other honestly, brain clear.
Clint: brain clear?
Y/N: yeah it's the opposite of brainwash.
Bucky: they made that up when we got in that room for the first time.
Tony: how did you end up at HYDRA in the first place?
Y/N: I don't know if I already said this but I was a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. Well, apparently I still am, according to Fury. I was on a mission, I was supposed to find HYDRA's lair, take pictures, send the location and go back to the HQ. Didn't go as planned.
Bucky: okay that's it for the little story, you don't have to tell everything now.
Sam: oh so you're the overprotective kind of boyfriend?! Didn't see that coming.
Bucky and y/n: I'm not they're boyfriend!/He's not my boyfriend!
Sam: sure.
Y/N: ugh... you guys are way too curious.
Bucky: get used to it. Especially Sam.
Sam: I'm just very interested by you!
Y/N: creepy.
Bucky: don't touch them.
Sam: *whispers* overprotective boyfriend.
Bucky and y/n: shut up!

*Everyone laughs but you and Bucky look at them with angry eyes. You will never forget the day he tried to kill you and you said "I love you". You meant it, and still do, but he probably doesn't even remember it. During HYDRA years, you got close to him because you'd spend hours in that room, just talking, waiting for agents to come and grab you. You created bonds, strong ones, because you were experiencing the same shit. You started to develop feelings for him and that's why it was harder and harder for HYDRA to keep you under control, because James had such a power over you that it would bring your memory back so easily. After all this time, you can't just tell him you love him.*