Part 18 (en)

*A week later.*

Steve: still no sign of them?
Nat: no...
Steve: where are they?
Nat: when was the last time you saw them?
Steve: the day we broke up. I told them to talk to Bucky.
Nat: guess they had other plans.
Steve: I don't understand, I made it clear I was fine with it and I wanted them to be with Buck.
Nat: maybe they needed time. They'll come back don't worry.
Steve: they said they didn't feel home here...
Nat: they will Steve... If their love for Bucky is as strong as you say, they'll come, and stay.

*A 3 weeks later.*

Wanda: still nothing?
Steve: no...
Wanda: I'm sorry Steve.

*A month later.*

Y/N: hi...
Steve: y/n! You're here!
Nat: told ya.

*He hugs you.*

Y/N: yeah...
Steve: how are you?
Y/N: I'm good, thanks. How are you?
Steve: I'm fine y/n. I really am.
Y/N: okay...
Steve: are you here to see Bucky?
Y/N: I don't know... I don't know Steve. What makes you say he won't have the same speech again? What makes you say he won't reject me again?
Steve: nothing. All I know is that you love each other and if he doesn't realise that you're the love of his life then I don't get it.
Y/N: thank you Steve. And I'm sorry again.
Steve: please stop saying sorry, go find him.

*You kiss him on the cheek, say hi to Nat and Bruce standing there and you go upstairs, knocking at Bucky's door.*

Bucky: who is it?
Y/N: it's me, y/n.
Bucky: y/n?! Come in!

*You slowly open the door and you walk in closing it behind you.*

Y/N: hey.
Bucky: hey.
Y/N: ...
Bucky: ...
Y/N and Bucky: I need to talk to you. Oh... You go first.
Y/N: please go first.
Bucky: I broke up with Jenna.
Y/N: oh?
Bucky: y/n I love you so much I'm so sorry.
Y/N: oh.
Bucky: everything I said, you were right, it's not my role to decide for you.
Y/N: it's not. James I want to be with you, I've always wanted that, and then you reject me for silly reasons and I learn months and months after by Steve, who was my boyfriend, that you loved me all along!
Bucky: I'm sorry...
Y/N: I know... James... I know... I was standing there in front of him, he said he loved me and I couldn't say it back, I felt so bad because I couldn't stop thinking about you and he was being so nice...

*You leave the door and sit next to Bucky. He looks at you and puts his right hand on your face.*

Bucky: I'm so sorry it had to be this way, I'm truly sorry y/n... I just... I really thought you'd be happier without me, I didn't want to hurt you, and it's when you were gone that I realised how bad I messed up... When you came back I was with Jenna and I wanted to dump her and be with you but then you started to get along so well with Steve and he was perfect for you.
Y/N: but that wasn't true... He never was perfect for me, you are. You're the only one who can calm me down when I have nightmares, you're the one who occupies my mind every day, you're the one I want to fall asleep with and wake up beside, you're the one I want to kiss, you're the one I want to spend my life with James. Not Steve. I loved the time I've spent with him, but he's not you...
Bucky: ...
Y/N: please let me be with you James... This is all I want.

*Bucky searches for something in his pocket and pulls out a little brown box.*

Y/N: James? What are you... what...
Bucky: you're not that slow after all.
Y/N: you're... are you about to propose to me?
Bucky: are you about to ruin it?
Y/N: nope. Please, I'm all yours.
Bucky: when Steve came back after your break up, telling me what he told you. I immediately broke up with Jenna, and I waited for you. Every day, I prayed to see you knock at my door. I repeated in my head what I wanted to say to you and now it all just disappeared... I was a fool when I rejected you, my biggest mistake... You and I we shared things that no one will ever understand, and it brings us closer. I don't ever want to be apart from you, I don't ever want to see you with someone else, I don't ever want to see you hate me because I acted like a dick, I don't ever want to see you sad because of me. I want to be the reason you smile. I want to hug and kiss you every day, every night. I want to wake up next to you and watch you sleep like an angel. I want to build a life with you, have a home and a family.

*Tears are already running down your face, tears of joy, and you watch him with a sincere smile, knowing what you're going to answer.*

Bucky: y/n, will you marry me?
Y/N: of course James, but only if you call me doll again.
Bucky: the pleasure is mine... doll.

*He kisses you passionately and puts the ring on your finger.*

Y/N: I love you James.
Bucky: I love you too doll. More than anything.