CHP. 10

Nai's POV
Life has been fucking amazing. It has been 2 months since I got an apartment with my best friends. But it feels like yesterday. Everyday has been a rush. School has been amazing. I absolutely love the assignments we get. Zakai has been such a help in getting supplies whenever I need it. He's also been so much fun to be around. He almost reminds me of Carter. OHH I forgot. Vic and Carter are a thing now. Yep. Preeetty shocking ain't it? But that's why they were being distant before, they didn't wanna lie to me. Honestly, I'm very very happy for them. I'm on my way to the skatepark. I decided to walk as it was a cool evening. I'm meeting kai and the boys there. Zeke isn't coming cause he's busy. He's been very busy lately. We've barely met twice.
After some skateboarding and chit chatting Kai and I head out to a Cafe to gram smoothies.
"so nai I wanted to talk to you about something" Kai says as we take our seats waiting for our drinks.
"what's up?" I say looking up at him.
"nai. I like you a lot. Not just as a friend. I wanna be more than your friend. And I really hope you feel the same way." he says catching me completely off guard. I didn't not expect this from him. He's my best friend for goodness sake. Ugh. I couldn't say anything. My thoughts were all over the place. I stare at my lap in utter silence.
" please say sometuing" he says catching my attention.
"Kai I like you too, hell I love you. But as my best friend. Not more. I'm so fucking sorry I don't feel the same way." I say reaching over to hold his hand.
"oh. Um. I'll get going. Thanks for the drink" he says breaking eye contact. Fuck. He quickly grabs his drink and walks out leaving me completely embarrassed. I felt like shit. I just lost one of my closest friends. Fuck. I quickly gather my stuff and walk home.
I freshen up and lay on my bed, scrolling through Instagram a notification pops up on my phone. My favorite notification.

From zeke :-
Hey nai. Sup.

To zeke:-
Currently heart broken. What about you?

In the next second zeke FaceTimes me. I tell him everything that happened with Kai.
"dudes such a fucking dick. He shouldn't have left you there. Alone" he says clenching his jaw.
"yeah well he did. Leave it zeke can't do anything about it" I sigh.
"get dressed. We're going out for dinner. I'll. Pick you up in 30" he says and immediately ends the call. Okay dude.

I wear a black silk slip dress ending a few inches about my knee and pair it with a black shoulder bag. I add gold accessories and black pumps to finish it off.

My door bell rings and I scurry off to open it. Zeke. Wearing a black button up and black jeans. Mhhhmm.

"hi" he says scanning me from top to bottom.
"satisfied with what you see sir?" I ask posing for him.
"mhm yeap. Let's go" he says licking his lips. I quickly shut the door behind me and follow him to his car.
We arrive at the restaurant. It was a small pizza place, which was cozy and cute.
"you had me dress up for pizza" I ask in disbelief.
"that's the fun of it" he says sneaking his arm on the small of my back. Pulling me into the restaurant.

We ordered a pizza to share.
"mhhhhmmmm" I moan at the delicious pizza. When zeke Bursts into laughter. I stare at him with a confused face.
"you really like your food huh" he says pulling another slice. I nod and continue eating. We catch each other up on what's going on in our lives and have some amazing conversations.
"thankyou. So much for this" I say to him as we leave the restaurant.
"for dinner? Oh please we have to eat don't we?" he says ignoring the real reason.
"yeah sureee. For dinner" I smirk at him. We decide to go to his place to have a movie night. He's sharing an apartment with Ethan and Alex. Apparently Ethan and his girlfriend have made is official and is a big simp. Cute.