Chapter 29

I look at him and waited for him to laugh and say 'i'm joking!' but he continued to stare at me with a slight smirk.

I force out a nervous chuckle and said "Well duh, I told you I love coffee" I grab my coffee and gulped a huge amount making me burn my tongue but I stopped myself from making a face and endured the pain quietly. Xander half smiles and shrugs "Just asking" He leans back on his chair and started paying attention to his phone.

I grab my phone back from the table and decided to keep myself busy too.

My phone beeped telling me I just received a message from West

"You busy tonight? Dont say yes"

I roll my eyes and smiled

"Yes but I'm sure you can come with me and my friends"

I look at Xander who was still busy with his phone "Hey Xander?" He looks at me "Yeah?" He said

"Just want to ask if my friend, West, can come along with us later?" He looks at me silently for a few seconds and shrugs "Your choice" then returns his attention to his phone. I nod and smiled

"i'm in" West replied.

.........

The trip back to the house was silent. I just stared at the window and stared at the buildings as we pass by. This was our last day, tomorrow is the day that we go back to reality. I started feeling a bit sad that our trip was going to end, I wasn't expecting that I would enjoy our trip this much.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt the car slow down. I look around and noticed that we weren't at the house "Where are we?" Xander parked infront of what looked like a tattoo shop. He turns off the engine and looks at me "Come with me" He opens the door and I followed.

We went inside the tattoo shop and we were greeted by a girl with red hair and lots of piercings.

"Xander Woods, it's nice to see you again" She said with a friendly tone which surprised me. Usually when we go out women who recognize Xander always flirts with him. "You too, Nix" He said with a small smile. Nix looks at me and waves "Hi, I'm Nix, the owner of this place" I wave back and introduced myself "Lauren but you can call me Ely" She nods and looks at Xander "So you're getting another tattoo huh?" I look at Xander and remembered his back tattoos. His tattoos look absolutely beautiful and it suits him well.

"Yeah, just a small one this time" Nix nods and looks at me "How about you, babe?" I look at Nix in surprise "Uh me? Oh no!" I shake my head and chuckled "You afraid of needles?" She smiles showing off her perfect straight teeth. She was stunning.

"Not really, I mean I do want to get a tattoo but I haven't really planned the whole thing out yet" I said scratching my arm. Nix nods understanding and smirks "Babe you should know that the things in life are much more memorable and meaningful when unplanned" She said making me think about it. She's right, the moments that really stuck with me are usually the ones that were unplanned. Xander nods in agreement "I just brought her with me, Nix. Its fine if you don't want to get one, Lauren. Just sit here and wait for me, it wont be too long" Xander said pointing at the maroon couch behind me.

What Nix said really made me think about getting a tattoo. I mean, this trip is really important to me and I know that this trip will be something that I will hold on to until I get old. Heck, I'll probably tell this to my Grandkids someday. I should make the most out of it by going all out.

I look at Xander who now had his back on me and was ready to go inside the tattoo room and get his session started but I grab his hand and stopped him.  Xander turns around and looks at me "Yes?" He asked confused, looking at our touching hands. I let go of his hand and cleared my throat "I wanna get one too" I said softly. I can see Nix smiling while crossing her arms behind Xander "You sure?" Xander asked slightly shocked. "Yes she's sure" Nix said still smiling at me. I return a smile and nod, silently thanking her for pushing me to do this.

"Although there's only two of us today, so your tattoo will be done by Jack inside that room" She said pointing at another door. Xander's facial expression changes and he looks at Nix "No, both of our tattoos will be done by you in the same room" He said grabbing my arm and pulling my beside him. I look at him confused "You sure? It will be much faster if her tattoo will be done by my partner" Nix said. Xander huffs "I'm not leaving her with your partner. He looks at you like he wants to eat you alive" Nix chuckles and wiggles her eyebrows "Cant blame him, Woods" We follow Nix inside her room and I could feel my palm starting to sweat.

Its just a tattoo, Lauren. It wont kill you

Or could it?

I shake the negative thoughts away and sat on the stool that was on the side of the room and Xander sat on the chair. Nix started putting on her black gloves and brought out her equipments. Xander looks at me "I think you should go first" I look at him scared "What? No no, you should go first" He grins a little and shakes his head "You'll chicken out once you hear the machine and you'll chicken out even more once you see Nix doing mine. So you go first" He was right, I will chicken out once I see Nix doing his tattoo. I take a deep breath and nod. He stands up and I slowly stand up from my seat and took a sit on the chair that he was sitting on just a few seconds ago. Xander pulls the stool closer to us and he sat down just beside me. I give him a nervous smile "So what will be your tattoo?" Nix asked plugging on her machine and putting aside the unnecessary stuff on her table.

I look at Xander and decided I want to have a tattoo that will remind me of this trip. A tattoo that will remind me that I once took a risk and did so many reckless things but enjoyed every single minute of it. Xander looks at me "Anything in mind?" He asked, staring into my eyes. "I want something that will remind me of this day or everything that we did during our stay here" Xander smiles a little and nods "Can I suggest something?" Nix said holding her gun. We both looked at her and nod "I'm assuming you guys went on a vacation which means there's a lot of ocean, partying and crap involved" I nod "How about a minimalist ocean wave tattoo? Since its your first tattoo, lets start with something small and quick" Nix suggests.

The tattoo was a bit common but I wasn't looking for anything unique, I was looking for something meaningful and what Nix suggested was perfect. I nod and gave her a smile "That's perfect" Nix clapped and smiled "Let's get this started"

______________________

Yes, I know I left you guys hanging for so long!! but I'm back and ready to continue Alexander yay!!!