Chapter 4

It was the night of the formal and I was getting ready at home. Being a typical girl, I couldn't choose what to wear. I ended up putting on a blue dress with a studded bust and some glamorous white sandals. I decided to put some light make up on too. As I was finishing applying my mascara my mum called out my name, clearly indicating that Nick was here. I suddenly felt nervous and checked my hair to see if I looked alright. I made my way to the front door, Nick was standing there in black skinny jeans and a blue shirt. The blue matched my dress, seeing it automatically made me smile. Nick was holding a red rose in his hand. His eyes were wandering around, looking around my house, until they landed on me. Nick's jaw dropped, making me blush,
"You look stunning," Nick spoke with a bit of a stutter. He held out the hand that he was holding the rose with,
"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself," I said making my way towards my handsome boyfriend. Nick took my hand in his and we walked towards the car that we were getting to the formal in.

When we arrived the music was vibrating the car. It was going to be a fun night. We walked in hand in hand and Nick immediately saw his best mate, Matt. Matt ran over,
"Hey Nick, how are you mate? I haven't seen you in ages," Nick looked at me and then back at Matt,
"Could we talk later Matt? It's great to see you but I really want to spend time with Grace if that's alright with you," I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend like him. Everything about him is perfect,
"Um, sure mate. We'll catch up soon. Have fun you two," Matt looked disappointed but that didn't bother Nick. He spun me around and we started dancing to the music. The night was going by so quickly. We occasionally got a drink and food but the rest of the night was dancing and losing our voices. The DJ announced that the last song was going to be played. It was Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. Nick knew that this was my favourite song so we started slow dancing to it. I felt like we were the only two people in the world. The song started coming to an end and Nick wanted to do want he called a big finish. He started spinning me, holding on to my hand tightly. Around and around I went until I didn't feel any pressure on my hand anymore. I heard a thud. Nick collapsed.

I fell to my knees and checked for Nick's heartbeat. It was beating rapidly. A crowd was formed around us. No one was even helping. Two paramedics rushed towards Nick and I. One of them carried me away. Kicking and screaming, I wasn't going to be separated from the only person I love. That night Nick was taken to the hospital and the doctors had found out that he had bleeding in his brain from the car accident. Again, I sat in that all well known white corridor while the doctors were performing an operation on Nick's head. His parents were here once again but instead of sitting away from me, they were sitting beside me, comforting me as tears poured out of my eyes. Every time a doctor walked down the corridor Nick's parents and I would be on the edge of our seats, hoping that they would be the person to tell us that Nick was fine. It took hours before we found out the news. When the doctor came down the corridor, clipboard in his hand, we could tell that he was here to talk to us. We just didn't know what the news was going to be. He told us that the operation was successful but that Nick would have to be in hospital indefinitely. The doctor said that we could see Nick but I couldn't bring myself to get off of my seat. My mind just thought what have I gotten myself into? Is this what I really want? I did miss the Nick that didn't have to go to hospital a lot but I still love him and I don't want to let him go. I can't let him go.