Chapter 26

Nick's POV
I woke up to someone tapping me on the shoulder. A tall man with glasses stood before me,
"Hello Sir, I believe that you are Grace's fiancé. Is it alright if I have a chat to you?" I thought of where this conversation was going to go. I had to stay positive. I nodded my head, waiting for the doctor to start speaking,
"So as you know, Grace was in a serious accident. The car that hit her was driving really fast. The impact that it had on her body could've been fatal, but thankfully we got there in enough time to hopefully save her. We still aren't sure if Grace is going to be alright. She could take a turn for the worst at any second. We put her in an induced coma just to keep her safe. I'm really sorry about what has happened. We will do our best to save her life," My emotions went like a roller coaster while the doctor was talking to me. Grace needed to be ok. She went out to get me a present when it happened. This is all my fault.

I thanked the doctor for letting me know and he left the room. I went into the bathroom that was in Grace's room and looked in the mirror. My face was puffy and red from my eyes drowning in tears. The thought that the night I proposed to Grace could've been the last time I will ever talk to her hit my mind hard. It was like a sledgehammer and caused an instant throbbing sensation across the front of my head. I never knew thoughts could cause harm. I splashed my face with water and exited the bathroom. I didn't want to leave Grace's side for one second. I felt a vibration in my pocket and realised it was my phone. Harry had texted me :
H - I heard about Grace. Is she alright? Do u need me to come to Hawaii? Hope ur alright mate. I miss the both of u heaps.
N - Thanks mate. The doctor told me that the accident could've been fatal and that they r still trying to save her. I really hope she survives. I couldn't live without her. Don't worry about coming here mate. Her parents r coming soon anyways.
H - Ok. When u get a chance to talk to her let her know that I said to get better soon. If u need someone to talk to let me know. I know things like this can be tough.
N - Thanks Harry
I put my phone away and walked beside Grace's bed. Her face still looked peaceful, despite all of the pain that I knew she was in. Her chest slowly moved up and down. I wondered what she was thinking about. I took a seat next to the bed and ran my hand up and down Grace's arm. Her hand was still warm. They always were. I sat there for a couple of hours and before I knew it Grace's parents had arrived. I filled them in with all of the information that the doctor had told me and they started crying. They were just as upset as I was. This wasn't going to be an easy thing to go through, but I was up for it.