Chapter 1

Draco POV

"And always remember to..." My father said to me. All I heard was blah, blah, blah, blah. I really didn't care what he is saying to me I really want to get out of the manor and not worry about the responsibilities. All I knew is that I have to meet a princess next week, what was her name again? Tori? Astori? Astoria! Astoria Greengrass, what a great name. Not.

"Draco, are you listening to me?" My dad said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, you were talking about that girl—erm—Astoria Greengrass."

"You really need to pay attention, we need you to love her, not to know anything about her!" My father exclaimed.

"I'm going for a walk," I said bitterly, I hate it when my dad says what I have to do, who do I have to love. I'm a damn prince, I can decide on my own! I went outside and walked through the forest where I always go ever since I was a kid. The birds were singing and there was a cold breeze and I could hear an arrow shooting at a deer, wait? An arrow shooting to that deer? what's going on? I walked in the direction and looked around.

"Shit." I heard a voice whisper from behind somewhere.

"Hello, anybody there? If you don't come out I will find you and arrest you!" I said, trying not to sound scared. I mean that person shot an arrow straight to that deer, what if that person is gonna kill me then there won't be a Malfoy heir. The bushes behind me started to rumble, and a peasant came out. A girl stepped out of the bushes. She's pretty. Wait, she's beautiful. She has H/C Hair, a bit messy, cute E/C eyes. I walked towards her as she stared at the ground.

"Who are you?" I asked her as she continued to stare at the ground.

"Y/N Y/L/N." She replied, shyly.

"Why did you shoot that deer?" I asked she looked up as I saw her face clearly she is beautiful.

"I need to feed my family, and this is the only way I can do it. We don't have any money, so we can't buy food. I hunt for survival." She told me

"How big is your family?" I asked her

"I have three siblings and my parents, they're waiting for me; it's our first meal in days." She said she sounded desperate.

Y/N POV

I hear something coming, two horses.

"Get down!" I yelled at the prince and I pushed us into the bushes.

"What the—" He asked but I covered his mouth with my hand

"Ssh," I whispered, I watched as two men strolled around the forest angrily.

"Where is the prince?" One of the guys said as he looked around the area.

"He has to be somewhere we need to capture him so the king will give us money." Another one said I looked at Draco who stared back at me. I raised my pointer finger to my lip as I crawled away from him I was about to crawl to another bush when someone grabbed me and dragged me to the two men.

"Look what I found, A little peasant snooping us." The man said

"What do you want from me?" I asked as I tried to get him to let go

"We heard the prince was here, so we thought we paid him a visit." The guy said. They both had evil smirks on their faces.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't seen him" I said as innocent as possible. They looked at each other then turned their attention back to me.

"Liar!" One of them exclaimed. He jumped from his horse and pinned me to the ground. "You know what I do to liars."

Before I could reply the guy pinned a knife in my shoulder I cried out in pain. He took the knife out of me and got on his horse.

"This was just a warning but if we see you with the prince then we'll be back." The guys said before they left.

Y/N, you bloody idiot! Why did you do that?

I couldn't just sell the prince like that, I would have been dead if I just sold him to those guys.

Mhmm. You fancy him I mean he is not badlooking.

Shut up, brain.

"Are you ok?" The prince asked while he ran towards me. He examined my arm.

"I'm fine, please just take me home, I can fix that," I said

"You just got a fucking knife in your shoulder because of me. At least let me take you to a doctor." He said. I smiled at him. Those pretty gray eyes, platinum white hair...Shut up! This is getting way out of hand and besides, I doubt he would take an interest in me.

"Fine, I'll go. But be aware I'm only doing this because I don't want you to blame yourself that I died from blood loss." I said, dramatically. He chuckled

"Wait a second." He removed his shirt and wrapped it around my wound I whimpered. "Sorry." His eyes stared at the wound.

"Just to let you know I can't afford to pay the doctor," I said

"Don't worry, I'll pay for the whole thing I want to make sure that your wound is healed." He said I nodded he took me to a doctor. "You saved my life, and this will get me closer to being even to you." Wait, what? The prince owes me something? Awesome! I mean cool.

When we got to the doctors, Prince Draco brought me in.

"Prince Draco, why do I have this honor?" The doctor bowed his head

"I found this girl in the forest and she got her shoulder injured. I would like if you examined her." He said the doctor nodded and instructed me to sit on a chair. He examined my shoulder.

"How did you get injured?" The doctor asked, shit. What am I supposed to say? Luckily Prince Draco talked before me.

"I saw her walking, and she tripped and landed on a sharp branch." He said to the doctor. I mouthed 'Thank you' to him.

Draco POV

The doctor bandaged Y/N's shoulder and I took her to her house. We stood in front of the entrance.

"I know this is not much but it's home." She said. You couldn't call it a house. Sure it's made out of brick and had a roof, but there were holes in where windows should be, a blanket instead of a door.

"Thank you, Prince Draco." She said. "How can I repay you?"

"Please, call me Draco," I said as I took her hand and gently kissed it. She blushed a little. Wow, she's really cute when she blushes. Stop it Draco, you barely know the girl.

"Alright...Draco, but I must repay you somehow. I saved your life and you saved mine, at least let me repay you." She said, looking straight into my eyes. I smiled.

"Alright, How about we meet each other tomorrow, yeah?" I said she thought for a moment and nodded.

"Alright, goodbye Draco." She walked towards me and pressed her lips against my cheek. I blushed she pulled away and walked away, leaving me there speechless. I turned around and walked back to the manor.

Y/N POV

"How did you meet him?" My mother asked. Everyone looked at me, my cheeks flushed.

"It's a long story..." I said as I sat down and told them the story while still thinking of Draco. Who knew I would cross paths with the prince.

A/N: This is the first chapter of my new book, I hope you like it.