20

New York being a city of dreams and beauty it sure made Haechan forget his pain but the fact that he could never paint again haunted him more than Jisung. He often spent his time in his room, locked up and depressed while Mark worked hard to become better. He came home to emptiness, drank a coffee slept then went back to work, he was a workaholic so he didn't have free time in his schedule. He had tried to be with Haechan but the younger had only pushed him away.

"Teddy Bear!! Honey look what I've got for you. Please, it has been weeks." Mark knocked on Haechans door, he pleaded for hours but no response was given until left.

It was after about six hours when Haechan left the room thinking Mark had left for work when he saw the parcel at the living room. Removing it he saw art supplies filled inside the box which only triggered his fear, pain and hurt. He started throwing him and breaking the canvases.

"What's wrong with you Hyuckie?! Why are you destroying them?!" Mark came out of his room shocking the messy brunette. He had on just a shirt and sweatpants.

"What's the fucking point of buying me these?!" My wrist is broken! I can never paint again!!! Are you doing this to hurt me?!" Haechan threw a bottle of paint at Mark.

"You need to try to use your wrist!! If you being moping in a corner you'd waste your life!!! I didn't break your wrist nor did I hurt you in anyway Donghyuck! I'm trying so hard to make you feel better but all you ever do is hide yourself inside that room if yours!" Mark snapped making the brunette flinch, the olders voice wasn't any sweet nor was his eyes warm anymore. He was angry.

"You are trying? Shut up! All you ever do is go to work, you are always working, that's what you do. Nothing else, all you ever do is work!!! You don't care about me or what happens to me!!! I'm stuck here at home, with a broken wrist and a healing leg but you go out to earn money!! Take your trash out with you! Selfish man!" Haechan threw things at Mark, the older was done tolerating his bullshit.

"Enough!!! Have you done talking?! You knew I was a doctor when you started falling for me! You knew I would work hard for my dream! You knew all along that this is what I'd become, You hid the fact that Jisung was after you! I ask you a thousand times but you kept quiet!!! If you think that I don't care for you after all I've done then what's the fucking point of we being together?! If this was that you were planning to do then why did you come here? To torture me everyday because you cry behind that door?! Call me selfish because I go to work? I tried and you pushed me off as if I were the one who tried to force you to have sex with me!!! We are done. It's over. Good night." Mark grabbed his lab coat and bag as he stomped out of the house leaving Haechan in his own agony.

Why did the brunette react that way? Haechans fear would never be able to be understood by anyone, Mark was also hurt by the youngers words and actions. He had not eaten or slept in days, literally weeks since he joined the scholarship. He sighed, it was over.

"You told me.......if we ever had a fight, you'd slam me on the wall and kiss me until we make up. Then why didn't you? Why did you have to break up instead?" Haechan collapsed crying, he squeezed his heart, it hurt so much to be loved and to be in love. Why?

The older male staggered a little as he finished his classes and the pending surgery seminar he had. His head spin and he couldn't even drive properly but he had a shift in the morning so he gritted his teeth, forcing himself to go home. He came home to Haechan sitting at he steps, ignoring the boy he went inside finding all the paints and canvases back into a proper pile.

"Mark." Haechan still had the cast one but now he was able to walk alone, with one crutch. The older smaller the door shut, he wasn't in the mood to tolerate his lover accusing him of being selfish. The door opened again for Mark was called back by one of his head surgeons.

"Where are you going? You just got home." Haechan whispered limping after the dark haired older.

"Shouldn't be any of your concern. We aren't together anymore so you don't have to worry. Do whatever you want." Hissed the older as he drove off to work again. Mark was sick but what can he do but be like that, his feelings were belittled and his love was named as selfish. He needed time.

Haechan felt a pang in his chest, he didn't want to loose Mark, he didn't want to be abandoned by him in a city he wasn't aware off. He was about to close the door when the next door boy came running towards the front gate.

"Hey!! You're husband's car just crashed down street. He's been rushed to the nearest hospital." The guy said in English, though he looked very much Korean. After seeing Haechans state he offered to help.

"Xiao!!! Yang!! I'll take him to the hospital and be right back!" He screamed helping Haechan to the car, the beauty looked so shaken that Yang Yang, the said boys wife came along since Xiaojun was pregnant.

"My........My Mark isn't dead is he?" Haechans eyes watered, he looked so lost and afraid.

"Firstly Hi. I'm Hendery, your husband was bleeding pretty bad when I saw him. He isn't dead I can assure you that." Hendery smiled as he answered in Korean, The brunette sniffled.