chapter fourteen

—𝐓𝐡𝐞 crows dispersed after their little meeting

𝐓𝐡𝐞 crows dispersed after their little meeting. Each going their own way. Anya stuck with Inej for the most part, having to fulfill her roll in the task. Kaz had slunk back to the little palace and Jesper had gone off to god knows where. Knowing him, he was off to find someone cute and hook up.

"Do we have to do this?" Anya whined.

"Sadly." Anya groans. Her outfit was ridiculous, Marko had given it to her. It showed her cleavage, causing Kaz to send a glare at the man, not enjoying that other men would see it. Before they had split up, Kaz had taken her to a dark corner and marked her with his lips on her boob. "Nice mark. Kaz?"

"You know it." Luckily enough for Anya she had her show up first. The crowd ooed and awed at her, basking in her talents. She had thrown knives and performed tricks for ten minutes. Anya was not one for attention, but she was basking in it. She loved the way she had the crowd on their toes, waiting for everything to commence. When it was over, she bowed, receiving applause. "Thanks the Ketterdam bay that's over." Inej chuckles. "Alright, I'm off. I have to go meet the one and only Kazzle Dazzle."

"Don't let him hear you call him that." Inej says.

"Well why not? What's he gonna do? Smother me with kisses?"

"Well not what I had in mind. Actually he probably would, you're not Jesper."

"Thank the bay for that." Anya strutted off retracing her steps, finding the dark alcove she changed in. Discarding her clothes and placing on the guards uniform, she stepped back into the current of people. No one pays attention to her and she's thankful for that, allowing her to keep her eyes open for the guard with a slight limp. After walking around aimlessly, she spots him. "Hey Kazzle Dazzle."

Kaz jumps slightly, sending a glare at her. "Hello my wonderful sunshine."

"Splendid. I'm the great Kazzle Dazzle's presence."

"Do shut up, my love."

"Make me."

"Not in public."

"Ugh. Fine." Kaz and Anya walk side by side, both of them fighting the urge to hold hands. Instead they bask in the comfort of being near each other, keeping each other sane.

🃑🃑🃑

Hours have passed by and Anya was waiting at the checkpoint. Patiently waiting for her Bastard of the Barrel to show up with the extra uniform from Inej. Kaz walks up placing a kiss on Anya's forehead, relieved she is alright. He hands the extra uniform to Inej.

"Is it my size?"

"You have to ask?"

"Do you remember what happened last time we did this? Got me a man's uniform because Anya had the last women's one."