Part 7

PoV: Sonic

  Mm... My head is pounding... I need another pain killer...

  It had all happened again. I woke up in a hot sweat, last night. Now I was freezing cold with a headache.

"I'm going to get sick at this rate..." I took my morning pill and a painkiller. For now, I stayed bundled up in my pajamas before going down to start the large picnic bento, "Maybe I should~" I yawned as I opened the fridge, "Wash my face first..."

  I shut the fridge and went back upstairs to go through my morning routine. It helped me wake up a bit as I started cooking lunch.

"Sakura petals... How many should I add? Eh? Their only for decoration? Why call it sakura petal rice balls if there aren't any in them," I had everything cooked and ready to go for our big lunch. I made the rice balls a vibrant pink. The teriyaki was cooked perfectly and laid on a bed of chopped cabbage. I added pickled radish to the cucumber salad. And I cut up some peaches and strawberries for a nice refreshing side. I remembered how quickly Ray ate the rolled omelet, so I made another for this bento as well as some fresh bean sprouts, "Perfect!"

  I had the large picnic ready. And Tails' lunch of course. He had a small cup of teriyaki and salad. A strawberry and peach slice. Bean sprouts on the side and one sakura riceball. I already gave him a rolled omelet yesterday, he should be fine not having one today.

"Sonic? Are you feeling better?" Tails had come running downstairs to the window behind the counter.

"A little, I was as cold as I was the other day. I took a painkiller earlier. I'm going to start breakfast soon. Any requests?" I asked.

"Can I see my lunch first?" He asked.

"Here," I placed the open bento box down in front of him before wrapping the other in its large furoshiki, "If you can't decide-"

"A rolled omelet with tofu!" His Tails were flickering with anticipation.

"Fried or cold tofu?" I asked. He went for the rolled omelet anyway.

"I don't know..." his tails drooped.

"Then..." I looked in the fridge and found the end of the miso paste. It only had enough for a small pot of soup, "how about some miso soup with extra seaweed?"

"Yeah!" He smiled at me.

"Go get ready for school while I cook. After we eat you can watch cartoons until I'm ready," I told him.

"Okay!" He ran back upstairs as I wrapped his lunch in its airplane pattern furoshiki.

"At least it's an easy meal to make," I quickly made two more rolled omelets and the miso soup. Finally, I made a soy sauce-based marinade for tonight's dinner. I left the mackerel I planned to make in the bowl with plastic wrap, then left it in the fridge. I used the leftover marinade to marinate some vegetables, "Alright, everything's ready."

"I'm ready!" Tails came down just as I set the table.

"Perfect timing," I set down his plate and took my seat at the table.

"You're using a lot of sugar lately. It always smells sweet in here," Tails smiled as he took a bit of the egg.

"Sweet? Ah, they must be from the rice balls," I answered.

"You made sweet ones this time?" He asked.

"It's a surprise," I had wrapped up Tail's rice ball so he couldn't see it. He had no idea what flavor they were.