Part 32

PoV: Sonic

"Shadow," I found him as I arrived at school, "You didn't reply to my message, I wanted to-" he had disappeared as quickly as I'd seen him...

  He never responded to my message. Now he had been avoiding me... I'm not in heat right now, why is he avoiding me? To be fair I was avoiding him for a long time, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

"Hello there," the hallway had emptied and there was a senior student behind d me. His badge stated he was an Alpha. He looked like a type of wolf almost. He wore a mask and had long white dreadlocks and dark grey fur. He had heterochromia eyes, the right blue, the left amber, "Are you lost?"

"No, I know this school like the back of my hand. I was just looking for someone, but they seemed busy. Bye," I waved him off and started walking away.

"Did you get my flowers?" He suddenly called out.

"Huh... flowers?" Weren't those from Shadow? Wait who is this guy and why does he know my address?

"A little bouquet with roses and small white flowers. There was some lavender in there but it looked hideous so I tossed those," He had described the exact flowers I had received. That's why they smelt like lavender. It wasn't Shadow's scent?

"Why did you send me flowers?" I turned around to face him.

"Why? Well, it's hard to say really. You stop by the same chillidog stand on Thursdays and you're the talk of the whole school. It was not until one day that I got close enough to know, you smell like peaches and sugar~ Now there's just one thing I need to know," he had described my scent the same way Shadow had... He walked right up to me, "Can you smell me?"

"Huh?" I felt his arm around my waist and he came up close, "What do you think you're doing? Let go."

  My strength was leaving me, his pheromones were strong so close to me. My head was feeling fuzzy as I started to smell something similar to almonds... Almonds... "Oh crap," I covered my nose.

"So you can then, that's great," he let me go and I backed away. He pulled out a bag from his backpack and handed it to me, "You tend to get the Jalapeño special. I bought it for you. Since we can smell each other it means you're my mate. I will treat you like a queen if you accept me. It does not how long it takes. My name is Infinite, the Jackal. I do hope you'll allow me to take you as my precious mate."

"Like hell I will," I took the chili dog with me and left for my class as the final bell rang.

  We were both late, but that was the last thing on my mind. What the hell was that? I plopped into my desk chair and could hardly focus. He was rude and kinda creepy about how he found my address. Was that really his scent I was smelling? What am I gonna do? What do I tell Shadow- Wait... why do I have to tell Shadow? I haven't even been able to get a response from him.

  I just met this Infinite guy. I should give him a chance at least. He can't be as bad as that other asshole I know. I know, Amy might be able to give me some advice. Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to survive my heat if it weren't for her anyway. I'll give her my lunch as a thanks.

---

"Really? This is all for me?" Amy smiled as we met up in the nurse's office for lunch.

"Yeah," I opened the bag and found four chili dogs inside. He really does have my usual memorized... "I wanted to say thanks for always helping me out, but I also kinda need your advice again."

"Are you still talking to Shadow? I told you to ignore him. He's not good for you-"

"I can smell Shadow's scent," I stated, "He smells like an expensive lavender tea... Nurse Vanilla explained it all to me, I know that means he's my mate. But I haven't been able to tell him because he's been avoiding me."

"Why are you only saying this now!" Amy stood up, "We cannot have to be his mate, he's going to end up hurting you!"

"I know!" I shouted back, "I don't care that he's avoiding me... It doesn't bother me. I avoided him all the time anyway, but that's not the problem. This morning..." I recapped the whole story to her and she had a big smile on her face, "Amy, isn't that weird?"

"It's romantic~ This Infinite guy is a senior right? I bet he's had no experience with partners and is trying his best to woo you. The knowing your address bit is a little weird, but you can find anyone's address in the school records so it's not exactly hidden information. I'll do some research on the guy. I have a friend who is an upper classmate who might know what he's like. I hope he's a good guy we can root for," Amy was more excited than I thought she'd be. I froze as he was suddenly in the nurse's office. How long has he been there?!

"I certainly hope you think I'm a good guy," Infinite came up next to us and took a seat.

"What are you doing here?" I moved away a bit since he sat in the chair between us.

"I came by for my suppressant injection. I can't completely suppress my pheromones with only the pill. Once a week the school provides me with an injection to suppress them. My doctor sent the prescription here because it's easier than going to the hospital each time," he answered.

"Sonic, you should enjoy your lunch," Amy took my bento box with her and left, "Bye."

"W-wait Amy!"

"Did I interrupt something?" Vanilla came out with a needle and Infinite lifted his sleeve.

"No..." I responded. Infinite did actually receive an injection. He was then instructed to lie down for about ten minutes before getting up again.

"Sonic," he said my name for the first time, but I hadn't told him, "That's what your friend called you. It's your name, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is..." I finished off my third chili dog.

"Are you afraid of me?" He asked.

"... I'm not afraid, I'm just trying to be careful. Mate or not Alpha's can't always be trusted," I licked the chili off my hands and opened my last chili dog.

"I understand that perspective, I can't always trust myself, so I remain masked to avoid smelling any pheromones that don't belong to my mate," he patted the side of his bad, he wanted me to sit beside him. I brought my chili dog with me and sat in the bed across from him instead, "Hey, Sonic. I want to take you out on a date this weekend. Can I?"

"A date? Um... I've never been on a date before," I recalled the only time I'd been out with someone who wasn't a friend, all I did was clean that asshole's house.

"Neither have I, but I've seen examples in the media. I think we could have fun. We could start at the arcade and then go to a restaurant for lunch. I'd have to think bout what to do next, I'd like someone it to stay a surprise," he never turned his gaze away from me. That way he didn't stop looking, I felt kinda embarrassed he was staring so much.

"Well... it does sound fun. I'll have to let you know, I can't leave my little brother alone so I'd need a babysitter first," I finished the last chili dog and washed my hands before washing the chili off my face.

"I'll take a maybe, then I'd like your contact info. So can tell me if this weekend is a good time or if we should reschedule," he slowly sat up and held put his phone.

"... Okay..." I added myself to his contacts and he did the same for me, "I'll text you once I find out, okay."

"Of course, I'll be waiting," he waved goodbye to me as I left the nurse's office.

  He'll be waiting for me... Not for a stupid lunchbox or for a drink I've been sent to buy but for me...

Maybe, this date is something I can look forward to...

~~~

06 - 26 - 2024