Part 23

PoV: Sonic

It's so hot... I have to get out of this hoodie... I groaned and rolled over. I felt weak and antsy at the same time. Something else was making me uncomfortable.

"Shadow... do you think you could bring me to my room? I need to change into something cooler..." I sat up slowly to avoid getting a head rush.

"Let's do this quickly. I don't want to be in direct contact with you for long," he picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder.

"Hey, couldn't you carry me a little nicer?" He was being rough, my body was aching already.

"No," Shadow threw me down onto my bed and shut the door.

"Tsk..." I carefully sat up again, "it feels like those pills aren't helping at all..."

I couldn't reach my larger dresser from my bed. I carefully got myself up to walk. I leaned on the dresser as I picked out a tank top and shorts. I pulled off my shirt, the cold air sent chills up my back.

"I feel sticky and gross..." I groaned, not wanting anything else to touch my pelt.

"Are you almost done?" Shadow called from the other side of the door.

"No..." I groaned. I hadn't taken my pants off yet. I grabbed a clean pair of underwear and wrapped up my fresh clothes into a ball, "I think I wanna shower."

"Can you even stand up that long?" He cracked the door but didn't look inside yet.

"It's just standing in one spot. I think I could," I got up and slowly walked towards the door.

"Oi!" Shadow grabbed me again as I lost my balance.

"I'm fine. I just..." That smell again... it was the scent of freshly brewed Lavander tea... "... I need to cool down... ... ... it smells like tea..."

PoV: Shadow

Sonic had collapsed in my arms again. He can't shower without help in this state. I picked him up again, his loose and curly quills slid off his back and chest. He wasn't wearing a shirt. I quickly laid him down, his body was so hot it was making mine sweat.

"This isn't good..." I needed to cool him down without drawing in his scent.

I quickly took a rinsing bin from his bathroom and filled it with ice-cold water. I grabbed one of the towels which hung on the wall and the smaller hand towel. I searched that bin Amy made him and found a cooling patch for his forehead. I brought it all back and opened his room window. I pinched both masks tight and sat down beside his bed.

"I'm only doing this to cool you down, nothing else," I drenched the hand towel in the water and ringed it out before wiping off his forehead and face. It took time and it was slow, but I slowly wiped off his body. The only problem was... Sonic was no longer lucid.

"... it's cold..." he whimpered while grabbing my wrist. His body was small and slender, yet still, there were curves I hadn't expected to see.

"It has to be. You'll have to go back to the hospital if I don't cool you down," I freed my hand and grabbed his wrist to wipe off his arms. I skipped his chest to do his legs.

"My pants... are too hot... as soon as I had cooled his face down enough it went red again.

"Damn it," I stripped his pants off to try and keep him cooler. His thighs were thicker looking without clothing over them...

"... ha~" Sonic flinched as I decided to quickly wipe down his chest. It was soft to the touch. Fluffy like soft air bread yet also firm and plump...