Part 26

PoV: Shadow

  I wonder if he's finally lucid again. Ray is only a beta, does he even know how to properly care for an omega?

"Tsk," I grabbed my delivery from the door and sat down in my living room for my meal. It was a chicken katsu and a few sides. Sonic had made it for my lunch once. I hadn't had it before and his was... enjoyable. A slightly different smell arose as I opened the Styrofoam container. It looked neater than Sonic's. I took my first bite, "Damn it... his is better for some stupid reason."

  I signed and ate every bite anyway. It wasn't as if it was inedible, it just lacked something. I finished my meal and threw out the trash.

"You better do your own cleaning! I'm not going back there to clean it for you, you better be taking care of the house, idiot," Sonic's yelling after we had cleaned before...

  I sighed and washed the dishes which had started to pile. The hell am I doing? Doing annoying shit like this. I finished the dishes and laid back down on the couch. My phone had been silent since I came home. It made sense, I wasn't someone they would update to about Sonic's condition. There was no way for me to know if he managed to handle himself.

"He has the nerve to call me an idiot, yet the dumb ass can't even take care of himself," I grabbed my phone, "I'll have to do it myself. I want to compare that katsu again and figure out what's different."

--- Sonic ---

How are you feeling?

---

I messaged him, but there was no answer yet. He might be asleep at this hour. I'll check my phone in the morning-

---

Better.

---

It was a replay back... I started to type 'I see, I had kastu tonight-'

"Why do I need to tell him that?" I quickly deleted it. I started typing again.

'That's good...' I quickly erased it.

"That's not good either. How am supposed to respond to a single worded reply?"

Ding!

---

Thank you for today. I'm not
really sure what happened,
but you helped me. That was
the last thing  I ever thought
you'd ever do for me. So thanks.

---

The last thing he thought of?  I didn't know how to reply. Something about the message he sent, bothered me. His scent, I could suddenly smell him again, his scent was coming from my laundry basket. Is it still messing with me? Damn it.

  I threw it all into the machine with extra soap, " What the hell?"

As I shut the machine I leaned back. My body suddenly felt weaker, "I need to shower again."

  I quickly grabbed my phone and turned on the shower. I threw my current clothes into the wash while I waited for the warm water. I glanced at my phone again, I still hadn't replied to him. He might fall asleep if I make him wait.

---

I don't mind helping if it's you.

---

  I sent the message and then I read it, "I forgot to add the cooking part."

I had hit send by accident...

---

I like eating your food.

I never thought you'd be
the foodie type.

It's funny.

How is eating funny?

It's not the eating, it's
the love of eating.

Loving food.

---

Loving food... I hadn't considered that before. That food could bring that joy.

  The bathroom was filled with steam which fogged up my screen when I finally realized how long we'd been texting. I couldn't stop messaging him, and he always replied.

  My phone buzzed again as I turned the temperature of the scalding water down.

---

I'm too sleepy to text
anymore. Goodnight.

(。-ω-)zzz

---

  The messages stopped there. I sent him a good night and looked at the running water. It sounded as if a waterfall raged within. The walls echoed the sound. It felt as though each droplet only faintly trickled on my pelt. The echo became mutes as the warm water surrounded me.

The room feels so large all of a sudden...

PoV: Sonic

  It's weird, I looked at the messages from Shadow. It was the first time we had ever texted about anything other than his lunchbox.

"I guess he's not always a jackass. He's still a self-centered jerk though."

I turned off my light and slept... for an hour... Once I was up I quietly started a load of laundry to wash my sheets. I secretly washed the dildo and hid it in the bin again. I might need to get a waterproof cover to keep my mattress clean.

  I looked back at my phone as I laid a towel over my sheets for tonight. He said he liked my cooking. Shadow... you helped me a lot today, didn't you...

  I thought he hated me, the way he treats me. Maybe, we could be friends if he eased up on being a jerk.

"Get Away from my mom!!"

I started getting vague memories back... Tails...

"No way... he didn't really call me mom, did he? Tails..." So, he doesn't see us as brothers? I don't what to say to him... Do I tell him I heard? But what if he wants to call me mom all the time?! I can't handle that... What am I supposed to do?! The only other person there was... Shadow had me naked in the bath?!! I was filled with embarrassment. The things I said to Shadow, how he was helping me... I'm gonna die of embarrassment...

"I can never look him in the eyes again..."

~~~

8-09-2023