Part 21

PoV: Tails

  I can't believe this. How could Sonic invite Shadow for dinner?

  Sonic had gone to bed early to recover. Tomorrow was definitely going to be a lazy day for him.

"Shadow's just lucky Sonic's so nice. I can't believe he's still trying to use Sonic for food," I pulled out a brand new notebook, "I need to-" A paper fell as I slammed the notebook down, "Oh... right... Presentation night. I never gave this to Sonic."

--- Monday ---

"Alright, everyone! Don't forget to invite your friends and family to Presentation Night! With everyone's projects finished this will be the perfect time to show off all the skills you've learned," My teacher, Mx. Bex, handed out a flyer to each of us. They kept me aside after class, "Miles, I need to speak with you."

"What about?" I asked them.

"After Presentation Night next week, we are going to have a field trip to Mobius' Engineering Warehouse. A place to see other inventors' works. Since you're a minor you'll need a guardian's signature," they handed me a permission slip for the field trip.

"Oh, thanks. Hey, Mx. Bex, you have an omega mate, right? How do you take care of them?"

"What's this about? I don't think you're old enough to be worried about these problems," Mx. Bex pulled out the extra seat by their desk.

"It's Sonic, my guardian. He's an omega and the hormones are making everything so hard for him. The medicine is supposed to help him but the side effects make him sick-"

"Miles," they placed a hand on my shoulder, "You want to know how you can help him?"

"... Yes please," I had gripped the papers too hard, they were wrinkled now.

"Make sure he's drinking plenty of water and eats as many snacks as you do. And I'll tell you a little secret," They grinned, "Chocolate and food make everything better. Now hurry home. I'm sure Sonic is already waiting for you outside the gate."

"Thank you Mx. Bex," I grabbed my bag and stopped by the campus vending Machine. I bought the biggest chocolate bar inside. Chocolate makes everything better.

"Tails, ready to go home?" Sonic was waiting for me outside.

"Yes!" I stuck the bar into my pocket. I'll save this for when he needs it.

--- Present ---

"I still need my permission slip signed,"   I grabbed the slip and snuck into Sonic's room. He was sound asleep and purring under the burrow of blankets he had. I placed the slip on his nightstand and ran downstairs. I got him a glass of water and set it on his nightstand, "You need more water."

  I decided to take a bath and get ready for bed. Once my fur was dry enough I went back to Sonic's room. I found him sitting up with the slip in his hand and the glass of water I got him.

"Tails, you're still awake? It's a bit late for you," he noticed me right away.

"I just finished getting ready for bed," I came out and sat next to him, "Are you feeling better after your nap?"

"Yeah, a whole lot better. What do think of having Omnirice for breakfast tomorrow? Extra ketchup, just the way you like it," he ruffled my fur and I hugged him, not wanting to let go.

"Yeah, I'd like that. But only if you're feeling okay," I found comfort in his new gentle scent.

"I feel fine Tails," he grabbed a pen and signed the paper, "Here, all signed. I want you to have a whole lot of fun on your field trip."

"I will," I happily took the paper as Sonic grabbed the flyer.

"I'll be sure to come to Presentation Night too. I can't wait to see how your plane looks," Sonic yawned before getting up, "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Okay," I quickly took the slip back to my room and into my bag so I wouldn't forget it. I climbed into Sonic's bed just as he came back.

"You should get to sleep soon," Sonic yawned again as he walked in.

"I will, but I didn't want to go yet," I moved over so Sonic would lay down next to me, "Could you rub my back for a bit? Like you used to?"

"Sure," he turned the light off and laid down under the covers. He was cold from getting out of bed. I felt his hand gently rubbing my back as I got cozy at his side, "Are you feeling alright Tails?"

"Yeah I'm fine now," I hugged him.

"I'm here Tails, don't forget that. Goodnight."

"I know. Goodnight Sonic."

~~~

11/26/2022