Part 36

PoV: Sonic

I didn't go to the nurse's office for lunch, and yet Infinite was waiting outside the door of my classroom with his tail wagging like some puppy.

"Alright, let's go," I couldn't just leave him there. I left with him while the class was watching and whispering, "It's not like that!"

"We didn't say it was~"

Sometimes I hate that I'm the only guy in a classroom of women. I sighed, grabbed his hand and we left to eat in the nurse's office but it was closed today.

"Hm... I know a secluded spot in the courtyard," Infinite spoke up, "Would that be alright?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Actually, I want to confirm something real quick. How did you get my address? Did you hack into the school system or something?" I asked the question that had been bugging me.

"No... I tried to find you in your classroom but you weren't there. But you left the envelope containing your report card opened carelessly on your desk. I got it from there," He led me to a shady spot next to the library.

"I really need to start paying better attention to my surroundings," I sighed as my own mistake had given away my address. I realized last night that not telling anyone about my date was also reckless. But they all would have freaked out and protested anyway. Maybe Silver and Blaze are trustworthy. They don't gossip or jump to conclusions as fast as Knuckles and Amy do. Ray should know too...

"Sonic, did you hear me?" Infinite tapped my shoulder.

"No, sorry. I was thinking about something," I turned my attention towards him, "Can you say it again?"

"I wanted to apologize," he bowed his head, "I didn't make the right approach when I met you. You're the first person I've talked to outside of family in about six years so I wasn't sure how to approach you. I tried calling to you in hallways, finding you during lunch, or even after class but I could never seem to get your attention. I'm sorry I was so aggressive. I was just excited to have finally gotten your attention."

"I didn't even notice... I'm sorry for not realizing you were always around, I was so focused on Shadow and everything I hardly paid attention to my classes," I opened my lunch box. I had made a lot more than I could eat. My plan was to make Infinite a little extra to try it, but then I got carried away and basically made two portions.

"You're cooking is amazing for your lunches too," he was gawking at the lunchbox.

"I practice all the time. Here, I made way too much this morning. You should take some," I had split off half and set it out for him on the lid of my bento box.

"Are you sure?" He was drooling under his mask.

"Yeah," I handed it to him and he didn't hesitate to dig in.

"It's amazing! Your hard work paid off," he was eating without his mask On this time. His fangs were showing as he smiled, he's kind of cute like that- What am I doing? But... I did agree to date him, it's okay to think he's cute, right?

"Thanks," I continued eating, "About the culture festival, I'd like to spend my break with you. I have a feeling I won't have a lot of time though."

"My class is doing a play," he spoke up.

"You're in a play! I thought you hadn't talked in six years."

"I couldn't speak against it. Ever since middle school, when my adult teeth grew in, my classmates have been afraid of me. The mask tends to help people be less afraid of me, but they still are. The scar only made it worse," Infinite fiddled with the mask he had put in his pocket, "I only really speak when I'm called on by a teacher. I'm helping move the backgrounds when the curtains are down, but that's all. My job isn't important so I can try and help out your class if you want."