Part 33

PoV: Shadow

"Hello there Sunshine~" That bat was back as I was enjoying my lunch break.

"Why the hell are you here again?" I glared at her.

"Just here to share some gossip," She sat at the table I was eating alone at, " Sonic's been talking to someone new~ A fellow classmate I know."

"What does that have to do with me? He can talk to whoever he wants," I ignored her.

"Really? Well, I guess you wouldn't have to worry. The whole school knows you used him as an errand boy since you transferred and treated him like shit. He's better off now that he's found his true mate," She had a smug look on her face as she said that.

"Are you trying to start something?" I stood up and glared at her, "You missing me off on purpose because it's fun for you, isn't it."

"A little, but it's also just such a unique situation. Do you know how difficult it is to find your mate in the first place? Sonic found two while in high school. It's like a romance cliché," she walked away, "It's a shame you didn't even stand a chance."

"Tsk," I had lost my appetite. So what if Sonic found another mate... It's not like he's my only option.

  I threw out the lunch I had picked up and left. I miss his food...

"All he did was cook anyway," I took a cookbook from the cooking classroom and brought it home with me, "It can't be that difficult."

PoV: Sonic

  I made it home and looked at the flowers in the window as I considered the date this weekend. I can always leave if it's uncomfortable.

"Hey Sonic," Tails came up to me, "Can I spend the night at the campus Saturday? We're so close to finishing my prototype plane and I want to make sure everything is perfect for the culture festival coming up."

"Is your teacher Mx. Bex going to be there?" I took the permission slip from him and read it over. They would provide dinner and dessert for the students.

"Yes, they said they'd watch over me and even send you updates if you wanted," he looked so excited. I went ahead and signed the form for Tails.

"There you go," I handed the slip to him and he put it into his bag, "This works out, now I don't need to find a babysitter for Saturday."

"Why would you need a babysitter? Saturday is your lazy day. You hate doing stuff on Saturdays," Tails crossed his arms, "Are you hanging out with Shadow?"

"What, no no, we're not even talking anymore. I'm uh, just got some stuff to do. My school's culture festival is coming up too, so we've got prep stuff. My class hasn't decided what we're gonna do yeah so we were going to have a meeting about it," the meeting was actually tomorrow, not Saturday, "The omega class has to be careful what we pick after all. Maid cafés and haunted houses are banned for safety reasons."

"That makes sense. I hope you pick something fun," Tails ran off and started packing for Saturday.

"I'll pick you up Sunday Morning," I called to him as he ran up the stairs.

"Okay!"

--- Next Day ---

"The culture festival is coming up," our teacher announced, "So, today we're going to be selecting our activity. As you know Maid cafés and haunted houses are banned for student safety reasons. We'll pick something safe and family-friendly."

"We could run a food stall!" One classmate raised her hand.

"What would we serve?"

"I don't wanna work behind a hot stove."