22.

[Recap] "How about you play us some music while we attempt to make weird dishes for the boys to eat once they get back?"

Myron grinned wickedly, "Deal"
---

After eating terribly made ratatouille, courtesy of Chef Myron, and even worse beignets with powdered sugar from Chef Lúa, the poor tasters desperately needed to cleanse their pallets. Myron was quick to suggest going the movies, Aleksei agreeing. Ambrose was the first to look at him strangely, how the man had such want to go back outside after getting home so late was a mystery.

He simply shrugged with a smile, "I like family time."

"What are we seeing?" Lúa asked as she scanned the numerous movies on display.

Alek see hummed, "I'm not really picky, anything with some decent ratings will do just fine"

Ambrose propped his head on top of Lua's. "I want to see something fun."

Myron nodded at his brothers comment.

Emil looked over the group with a more focused look, "The third one across from the top for Aleksei" he looked back at the movie board for another moment, "The seventh movie in the second row for Myron."

Aleksei and Myron both looked at the board, noticing their recommended movies. Aleksei seemed pleased while Myron was already whipping out his phone to look up the trailer. Ambrose failing to conspicuously look over the boys shoulder to also see, Myron snorting and angling the phone where they could both see.

Lua's eyes still stuck on the one Aleksei had accepted, it really did have good ratings. And the poster for it looked amazing. But she didn't think Myron would be interested in it, and she really wasn't interested in the movie he was currently looking up. Which was Rated R, meaning 16 year old Myron would need someone to accompany him.

Emil looked at Lua, "You want to watch the first film?"

She shook her head no with a slight small, "I'll go with Myro-"

Myron immediately shook his head no causing Lua to frown, offended wasn't the word.

"You don't want to be seen with your mother?"

"No- OW" He cried out when Ambrose flicked him in the back of the head rather harshly

After a moment of exaggeratedly rubbing the spot he'd been flicked Myron turned away from Lua, "I know you wanna see the other movie..."

Ambrose snorted while Lua looked ready to protest at a moments notice, "I'll go with him, the trailer looks good."

Lua sighed, letting her words of protest die on her lips when Emil's hand landed on her shoulder. She had a deep pout but Emil leaned down to her ear. "It'll be good for them to bond over something." This at least made Lua feel better about her little chickadee rejecting her offer.

She nodded and leaned into Emil's shoulder as he past his card to Aleksei who began ordering their tickets.

"Let's stop at the concession stand, I want twizzlers and a blue slushee"

At Myron's outburst a series of agreements washed over the group, "I want a chili hotdog and a coke"

Aleksei made a slightly disgusted noise at Ambrose's comment, "No kisses for you until you brush the chili off your breathe."

"Then i should get my kisses in advance" He said playfully, wiggling his eyes brows. Aleksei just smiled but shook his head no.

"No PDA in the movies, more buying me snacks' Myron cut through

Emil ruffled a hand through Myron's hair, "Someone's snappy today. Since you're so energetic to order, tell the nice lady all of our orders. Grab my card from Aleksei."

Myron playfully rolled his eyes, "Using me for my great people skills, their a gift and a curse."

Lua watched the boy like a hawk, he was so different today. It's like his date had broken him out of his shell, he seemed happier. She gave a soft appreciative hum, Emil soothingly stroking his fingers through the curls at the base of her neck.

When Myron had made up his mind on a the black twizzlers over the red and ended up instead wanting a mixed slushee he began going around compiling the others orders. Lua just wanting a sprite and opting for sharing one with Emil as he supersized the drink. A supersized platter of Nachos for him and Aleksei. And finally a pack of Herbos Gummy bears that Lua had noticed last minute.

About a little more than halfway through the movie Lua was excusing herself to the restroom, whatever they had put in that sprite had run right through her like an IV drip.

She looked on the walls to see the sights pointing to the bathrooms and followed hurriedly, when she went to turn to the right for the ladies side the door on the left swung open. Barely missing the woman who'd jumped to the side, a fierce thought of why the doors even were pull instead of push from the outside.

An older looking man noticing he almost left the poor woman with a nasty bruise quickly apologizing, and while Lua wasn't a people person. Babies and Elders would always be her exception. She quickly waved it off telling him it was ok and the fault of the building layout before going in to do her business and freshen up.

As she carefully made her way out the bathroom she sucked in a harsh breathe. He stood wiping his hands on a paper towel by the garbage can right in front of the bathroom, and before she could even think of easing back into the restroom his eyes connected with hers.

"Birdie?" Similar shock apparent in the honeyed voice.

Lua took in the man, dressed casually. Like he did every date night. Black hair gelled back, brown eyes looking more like mud then the chocolate cake she used to view them as.

Though it was a lot harder to hate Dakotah then it was Damien. After all, he never did anything bad to her... though he did side with Damien in the end. And that was more then enough reason to not enjoy his company. "I assume your not here alone, and with that being said, I'll be taking my leave." She went to slip past him when another pair of eyes met hers and stopped her dead in her tracks.

Why do things never work for me?

1036 words| A.N I got a mechanical keyboard today, she's so pretty. It's from Rymek she's white and pink and I'm in love. It really has me excited to write, so I ended up giving you all a longer chapter :P