Episode 3: Maniac, Maniac

After what seemed like 10 minutes of me drinking water, I got back to normal. I was at someone’s room, who knows. I got up and began to walk to the door; I opened it and peeked out. I stepped out and slowly closed the door.

“What are you doing?” Someone said and I squealed. I turned around to see Damien.

“Hey D, it was really nice to meet you and Joseph and the guys and Clare, but I have to go, my mother must be worried sick.” I actually hope that she got herself drunk again and fell asleep. He nodded.

“Of course, I’ll take you home” He said grabbing my arm. I felt sparks explode where his fingers touched my arm. We walked down stairs.

“TAKING ANNA TO HER HOUSE!” He yelled out and we stepped outside. We got in a black sports car and he began to drive.

“Where do you live?” He asked.

“Daredevil with Madison” I said and he nodded.

“You didn’t have to eat the cookie” He said.

“It’s okay, I love raisins-”

“You were seriously hurt, you could have died, I mean your face was as pale as a vampire”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m alive now am I not?” He smiled and I smiled. With my directions we arrived to my house, the lights were off and I knew I was in trouble.

“Can I come in?” He said nodding over to my house.

“No” I said and he looked disappointed. Then an idea popped in my mind, if he goes in, she won’t hit me.

“Actually, you can” I said getting out of the car. I dig my pockets for my key and went over to the door. I opened it and got in, with Damien trailing behind. The lights went on. They revealed a very drunk mother.

“Hey mom, this is Damien, Damien this is my mom” I said before my mother would be able to say anything.

“Hello” She said. My mom was an older version of me. She had black hair and blue eyes, just like me. All the drugs and alcohol made her look bony.

“Hello” Damien said taking her hand.

“Why are you home so late?” My mother asked me.

“I-” I began but got cut off.

“I almost ran over her, she fainted because of the impact. And I had to wait until she woke up to know where to bring her” He lied. “Right, Anna?” He asked.

“Yup, that’s exactly how everything went down”

“Oh, okay, you can leave now Damien” She said and panic ran through me.

“Nice meeting you Ma’am, I’ll see you around Anna” He said and walked out the door. My mother went to the window. I heard the car pull up and drive away. Then the blow to my cheeks came.