Episode 7:Gifts

“So, what’s going to be?” Someone from the crowd shouted. I looked around.

“Um…wow… I’m speechless, but I’m talking...Um… I think, that I would say…that we… need to get to know each other better” I said stopping to get the right words every now and then. I turned to see a heart broken Damien.

“Hey! I didn’t say no. I just put the Yes on wait” He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

“Cool” He simply said. And the music started. Everyone went back to dancing their heads off.

‘Come on, let’s go dance” I told Damien and he smiled at me. I grabbed the guys and we went to the dance floor, the gym, and shook our booties.

“Octopus arms” I said wiggling my arms.

“Wow, Wow, Wubbzy” I said doing the wiggle dance. Everyone followed my moves.

~

Damien took me home, with all the gifts and valentines presents.

“You didn’t lie when you said you got a lot” He said playfully.

“Half of them are girls”

“WOW! You go that way too?”

“No! I’m as straight as two parallel lines” He chuckled as we stopped in front of my house. I was surprised not to see the old rusty car.

“Need help?” He asked gesturing to the roses, chocolates, teddy bears and presents.

“Yes please” I said. He nodded and got out of the car. We grabbed a few bags and headed inside. I led the way to my room. My room was average. I had my bed, a closet and a dresser. The dresser had the teddy bears from last year, and the year before and before and so on. It had those little cards that people would write to me, and some fake roses. The real ones unfortunately died.

“Wow. How many do you have?”

“378 teddy bears, 253 letters, and I only have the fake roses, about 197” I said. Did I count them? Yeah, I did and every teddy bear had his or her own name.

“How much are you going to have now?”

“Not sure” I said. I went to the kitchen and got a vase filled with fresh water. I brought it to my room. I began putting the roses in, making sure that every stem got plenty of water. At the same time, I took the notes and set them aside.

“You should open the gifts” Damien said holding out the boxes to me. I smiled and jumped on the bed. Damien came next to me.

“From Joseph. Blah, blah, blah, I won’t waste my ink, so happy birthday: I read and smiled. I opened the navy blue box. I saw movie tickets. ‘Please bring a hot girl’ I read in the back of one.

“I like it. Next” I said and Damien handed me a box that had black and white wrapping.

“From Ash: Happy Birthday Gurl!!!! Smiley face, hug, kiss, hug, kiss, hug, kiss, hug, kiss, h-” I read the x’s and o’s.

“Let me see that” Damien took the card away.

“This boy” He gave me the box back and I opened it.

“Is this a make-up set” I held in my laughter.

“Yeah…”

“Is he trying to say that I look awful without make up?” I burst out laughing.

“No, you would look beautiful either ways” that shut me up. He gave me the next two boxes.

“From Josh: To listen to the music in your heart. Happy birthday Anna” I read and opened the box. It revealed a pair of Beats by Dre. I didn’t have a Music player though.

“From John: The music in your heart. Happy birthday Doll” I opened the box to see an iPod. I chuckled. These twins, seriously.  I plugged the head phones to the iPod and clicked play to the hit list ‘Happy Birthday Anna.’ Most of the songs were rap, and a few were rock, which I liked.

“From Trey: for that especial someone on this happy day. Happy Birthday” I opened the box and my jaw dropped. It was lingerie. YES! Lingerie! Damien got up.

“You’re leaving?” His head nodded.

“See ya” I said and he left. I kept opening a few other presents and my eyes landed on that black box. I wanted to say yes so bad. But I didn’t want to get hurt. Either ways I decided to put it on. I went to the leaving room and saw a white envelope.

To: Anna, I read in cursive hand writing.

“Anna, I will be going on a business trip, I should be back in 2-3 weeks. I left you a credit card, I will be putting money in, but use it for food and to pay the bills only. Also to wash the clothes if needed. Under no circumstances can you purchase anything out of the necessary, take care.” No, love, mom. Just take care. What a mother.

But hey! No beatings for 2-3 weeks. And I get to be all by myself. This should be the happiest days of my life.

“AWESOME BIRTHDAY PRESENT MOM!” I shouted, even though,  I knew she didn’t even know that it was my birthday today.