1 (Part 2)

Months later, test after test, failing every single one, we still haven't been able to figure out what my power is. I failed my flight test, my invisibility test, my telekinesis test, and everything else you can possibly think of. Failed.

After a 30 minute training session, with Steve Rogers, I sighed.

"What's wrong, kid?" Steve asked

"I'm just bummed we haven't figured out my power yet." I explained, putting my hand up to touch my necklace. 

"Don't worry, we will figure it out soon enough." He comforted me. "Now freshen up. You have to go to the UN signing for the Sokovia Accords. Something came up, so I can't come with you." I nodded before me and Steve both went our separate ways. 

***

I just finished talking to the press when a voice came from behind me.

"I suppose neither of us is that used to the spotlight." Prince T'challa spoke

"Well," I smiled. "It's not always so flattering."

"You seem to be doing all right so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill, I wouldn't think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company."

"Oh, I'm not." I said honestly

"That alone makes me glad you are here, Miss Stark." He gave me a small smile.

"Why don't you approve of all this?"

"The Accords? Yes. The Politics? Not really," T'challa told me "Two people in a room can get more done than one hundred."

"Unless you need to move a piano." A voice came from behind.

"Baba." T'challa smiled.

"Miss Stark." The King greeted

"King T'Chaka. Please allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria."

"Thank you." The King nodded. "Thank you for agreeing to all of this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today."

"Yes. So am I." I nodded. 

"Will all guests please be seated."

"That is the future calling." T'challa said to his father "Such a pleasure." He turned back to me. I nodded at him and his father before stepping away, to my seat near the window.

"When stolen, condemned Vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, We in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria were part of a goodwill mission from a country, too long in the shadows." King T'chaka spoke. "We will not, however let this fortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative," I spotted T'challa walk towards the windows, but shrugged it off. " Wakanda is proud to extend our hands in peace."

"Everybody get down!" T'challa yelled, suddenly running towards his father.

 I got up from my seat, taking my phone out. I pushed past the people who hid for cover. Next thing I know, a loud boom erupted and black smoke filled the air, debris flying everywhere. I felt my phone fly from my hand and everything went silent.