Chapter 1

_Sapna1dv for you💜💜

************************************

Grace Alder pov.

"Good morning Charles," I greet the person, stepping inside the huge glass building in front of me. Charles is one of the security guard working at the front gate. 

"Good morning, Grace." He replied with a smile. Moving further, my eyes found Sia from the front desk. "Hey Sia. How are you doing?"

"Hey, I'm great. How was your weekend?" She asked with a sweet smile. "Boring! I miss work. Um... sorry but I gotta go, bye." I replied and scrambled toward the lift.

I didn't lie when I say, I missed work. Well, that's exactly what happens when you live alone with no friends around.

I moved to New York a couple of months ago to find a living here. And got one in New York's biggest Architecture company. Lucky right? I got the placement as soon as I moved here. I guess New York is lucky for me. Job at Kingsley Architectural and Design is a big dream for anyone. It has only been 2 months since I started as an interior designer.

I have done my graduation in interior designing and lucky find a job at this prestigious company.

"Hey Grace, Jacob is looking for you." One of my colleagues informed me. I rested my bag on my table before replying to him. Jacob is our department head and a very sweet person.

"Okay, thank you for informing me.." I replied and left for his office.

"Hello, may I come in?" I asked pecking through the door. "Grace, yes come inside."

"Good morning, Jacob you called me?"

"Yes, actually I have to tell you something, it's an emergency... You won't be working here anymore."

WHAT THE...!?

"WHAT? BUT WHY? Did I do something wrong? Are you firing me?"

"Wait, Grace let me finish."

'What's there to finish, you already finished my dreams here.' I mumble.

"I said you won't be working here means, you won't be working in this department. Our CEO has fired his assistant this morning and he needs an replacement urgently."

'He's not going to do what I'm thinking right?'

"Okay?" I waited for him to drop the bomb.

"I recommended your name to him, and he accepted." I gasp in shock. 

"Why me? I'm a designer not a secretary who makes calls and handles the rude CEO. I don't know anything about their work." Jacob chuckled at my comment.

"Relax, it's not a big deal for you and I trust you. You are the only one to make progress this fast. You can handle it and it's a matter of a few weeks, Grace. Once he finds himself another assistant you can come back." I bite my lips in annoyance.

Few weeks! It's only for a few weeks Grace come on.

"Please Grace, for me? It will help us all maintain our image in front of the CEO."

Aghhh...

"Fine," I grumbled.

"Yes..! Thank you, Grace. You can start now." He hugged me.

Wait! Did he say, right now!?

"Wait, how can I start right now? I have to take care of my pending work and stuff an-"

"That... I can handle. You just go to the CEO's office. Don't want to make him wait on your first day, do you?" He said pushing me out of his office.

I angrily walked to my table and grabbed my stuff. Uhh... I'm going to miss my table.