Chapter 3

Happy reading....

************************************

Grace Alder Pov.

The first thing that I thought of after waking up, was finding a smart way to apologize to Mr Kingsley. I might sound dumb but yeah, that's precisely what I am. I hate when people get hurt because of me no matter if it's physically or mentally. Maybe that's because whenever I got hurt most of the time it was because of the people I love or my own family. Anyway, I have planned to buy him something as an apology but I'm not sure what to get. So I have to figure that out fast.

After thinking for an hour I came up with only one solution hoping that would work. I plan to buy a beautiful bouquet with a sorry note on my way to the office. I called Kate and asked her if Mr Kingsley has any allergies to flowers and she said no, which is good because now I can pick any flower I want.

As soon as I stepped inside the shop, I immediately fell in love with the fresh smell of flowers. There were thousands of types of beautiful bouquets but there was only one that caught my attention through one glance..

"Excuse me, can you pack this one for me, and do you have a card and a pen?" I asked the lady. She nodded and handed me a pen and a card. I stared at the card for a good minute not knowing what to write. In the end I just wrote a little sorry and my name on the card and closed it.

"Here, you have a good taste in flowers," the lady said, and it was able to make me smile.

"Thank you." I handed her the money and attached the note to the bouquet.

***********

Knocking on Mr Kingsley's door I entered when he said 'come in'. At First I was shocked and nervous to know that he was early and now I have to face him. I had originally intended to drop the bouquet on his table and leave as fast as I could.

"Good morning sir," I said. He didn't even look up. I was surprised he didn't yell at me. I moved slowly, gently put the bouquet on the table which he noticed and looked up. I was petrified.

"This is for you." I whispered lightly.

"Who is the sender?" He asked.

"Umm, it's... Youcanseeinthecard." I said so fast, he might have not understood me. He lifts his eyebrows and I know he's going to ask again.

"There is a card you can see." I said and run out of his office cursing myself for acting stupid in front of him. I literally meant to apologise to him and not run but there's this aura around him which makes everyone run away from him.

Entering my office I locked the door and stood on the side to catch a breath.

'Woah, that was tough! Forget that, I'm just surprised he didn't fire me yet.'

Concentrating back on my work I start my day with the hope of not making any mistakes. He didn't call me to shout at me or something from what I was expecting, does this mean he accepted my apology?

I spent my morning in silence. I worked inside my office the entire time while Mr Kingsley was busy with his back-to-back meetings. He had his next meeting in 20 minutes. I have to inform him because this meeting is in a restaurant. He has to leave early to reach on time.

I called him, avoiding any chance to see him.

"Sir, you have a meeting in 20 minutes, it's in a restaurant. I already sent you the address."

"Okay, you come to my office and arrange the files here while I attend the meeting," he ordered.

Ughh I groaned in annoyance. I was perfectly avoiding him since this morning but now I have no excuses to do so..