Chapter 22

Happy reading...

*********************************

Grace Alder pov.

Noah helped me getting out of the car. A very angry Aldrik is waiting inside for us and I don't know how to face him after cancelling our very first date.

Noah and I stepped inside. We slowly make our way toward the living room where everyone was already waiting for us.

I froze at the entrance when 5 pairs of eyes moved toward us.

Noah tapped on my shoulder telling me to step inside and I did.

As soon as I reach them Aldrik ran towards me in shock.

" What happened to your leg? " He asked with concern.

" It's nothing my leg slips and this happens but it's fine. " I said.

" We already checked it to the doctor and he said no movement for at least 2 days. " Noah tells them.

" But where were you? You how worried I was? "

" I was gone to meet a friend and Noah was there with me. " I tried to calm him.

" You should tell us Grace, Aldrik was going crazy without you. " Chris speaks up.

" Yes, I wonder how can a person change that much in just one day? " Evan comments.

" I wonder too. " Aldrik roll his eyes.

" Come let me take you to your room. " Aldrik said picking me up.

" Go easy on her Aldrik remember she's a patient. " Ryan shouted behind us.

" Aldrik I'm sorry for cancelling our date. " I mumbled on our way to my room.

But then I realised he was taking me somewhere else. Aldrik took me to his room instead of mine.

" Aldrik... " I tried to make him talk but he just kept avoiding me.

So I decided to do something that he can't ignore. I grab his face between my hands and pulled him for a kiss.

It was merely a peck but still managed to get his attention.

" I'm sorry... " I apologise. He signed and sit beside me.

" I'm not angry with you Grace, I'm angry with myself. I promised you to protect you. And I failed and I'm sorry for that. "

I was like Seriously! I took a minute to digest this.

" There is nothing to do with you Aldrik and can't be with me every second. " He's out of his mind.

" I don't like seeing you hurt. " Aww... Is this man can be sweeter.

" Aldrik I'm fine... Stop thinking too much about it... And if there is anyone at fault it's me.. because of me our first date got cancelled... I'm sorry Aldrik. I was in such a hurry after you seeing your message that I didn't realise there is something on my way and then this happened. "

"Grace it's alright you don't need to apologise... " He said. I pulled him to sit beside me so we both can cuddle.

He caressed my hair and I put my head on his shoulder.

"So who was the guy, you went for lunch? "

I sit straight and gave him a look.

" Are you by any chance jealous Mr Kingsley? " I asked with narrowed eyes.

" That's the last thing in my mind when I asked you. So no Ms Alder I'm not. "

He looked genuine.