Chapter 2

I want to dedicate this chapter to all the readers who loved and supported HER HIDDEN LIFE. Thank you so much, guys...

Happy reading 

************************************

Grace Alder Pov. 

The next morning I woke up early. I don't want to give Mr Kingsley any reason to fire me.

Reaching the office I was happy that I'm not late. I prepared his coffee and his schedule before time and went to his cabin. Opening the door with my card I entered and placed everything accordingly.

Mr Kingsley was still on his way to the office so I took the opportunity to take a look at New York's view from his cabin.

This is the view anyone would want to see in the morning. People running, and the streets are busy, while most of the people hold a cup of coffee to refresh their morning. I was so immersed in the view that I didn't notice a person entering. It was when I heard footsteps that I turned to see Mr Kingsley glaring at me.

FUCK!

My eyes widened and I nervously bit my lips, his gaze changed as his eyes moved to my lips.

"I am sorry sir, I was-"

"Get out and don't enter unless you're called." He screeched, making me flinch. Without wasting any time I left his office. Why? Do you want to get fired on your very second day at work, Grace? I mentally cursed myself.

Forgetting the moment I continued my work, I just wish he could find himself a new assistant ASAP, so I won't have to deal with his angry ass daily.

Forgetting the past I engrossed myself in work. Few minutes later when my intercom rang. I picked the call.

"Prepare the conference room for a meeting at 2pm." He didn't wait for my reply and ended the call.

I went to the conference room and prepared everything just like he asked me to, checking everything twice. Giving it a last check again I called Mr Kingsley and informed him about the arrangements. Soon people started arriving and in less than 30 minutes the room filled up with people. Mr Kingsley was the last one to enter, making a grand entry. He started the meeting which lasted for 2 hours.

BORING! Not a single point in the meeting is related to my field, so I can also enjoy it a bit.

After the meeting, I followed Mr Kingsley like a lost puppy. I didn't know what to do next and I had no courage to ask him after our morning encounter.

"Get me a coffee." He said and vanished like a ghost, as if he wanted to run away from me.

I went to a small café on the floor and prepared his coffee. Knocking on his office I entered. He was standing at the corner of his table.

"Sir, your coffee." He nodded and I moved my hand to him carefully making sure not to drop it.

Well guess what? I FUCKED UP AGAIN! GOD DAMMIT!

I was about to put the coffee on the table when out of nowhere he decided to turn and his hand collided with mine. Remember that this was NOT my mistake!.

I wince as a burning sensation shoots through my hand. I heard a groaning sound and saw some of the coffee spilt over his shirt.

Shit! I muttered. Coffee was hot and it might be burning his skin.

"Fuck!" He winced in pain. I hurriedly moved and without thinking, I started removing his shirt.

I have heard that if you don't remove the cloth from the body it will hurt you more or stick to your body.