fourty two

Previously on You and I, Forever and Always...

The door opens once again, revealing all the guys.

They look at us confused.

I look up and take in every expression on their faces.

A tear escapes my eye.

" I'm moving. "

...

I stare straight ahead.

Watching a mother carry her small daughter along with 3 other suitcases.

She struggles to carry all of them at once, and I imagine her screaming for help on the inside.

Or maybe that's just me screaming...

Hayes takes my hand in his and kisses it softly.

I look at him and offer him a small smile, it's fake but he doesn't need to know that.

Cameron plops down next to me and looks at me with sad eyes.

I turn my attention back to the mother who is a little farther away now, although she is still struggling.

She tries to speed up her pace a bit, only resulting into one of her bags falling.

A man who was sitting nearby, picks up her bag and starts to speak to her.

She smiles and hands him two of her bags.

He takes them and points further down the airport and they start walking there together.

" Gate 23 is now boarding. Gate 23 to North Carolina is now boarding. " a robotic voice says through the intercom.

I hear heavy sighs behind me and his grip on my hand tighten.

I close my eyes, a tear escaping accidently.

I stand up and face the guys.

They all look at me with sadden faces and teary eyes.

" I'll still see you guys at Magcon. We'll see each other again soon. " I say, looking at all of them.

They crack small smiles before looking at each other and piling on me into a group hug.

I laugh and hug them back.

They let go and Hayes is once again by my side, intertwining our hands.

I look at him and he offers me a small smile.

One too similar to the one I gave him not too long ago.

I look at the guys one more time.

" Till next time. " I say, smiling.

...

I wake up to a beeping sound and my heart starts to race.

Hayes looks at me with confusion and scans my face.

" What's happening? Are we falling? What's going on? " I ramble, looking around in panic.

He smirks, and let's out a low chuckle.

I look at him with confusion, still panicking.

" What?! " I ask.

" That beeping was signaling that we could take our seat belts off. We're landing. " he says, trying to hold in his laughter.

I slouch in my seat, and let out a small 'Oh'.

He laughs humorously and I playfully hit him on the arm.