thirty four

about a month later

Victoria's POV

" It's so cold! " I exclaim, hugging myself to keep warm.

" Maybe you should've worn something over your sweater thing. " Hayes points out, smiling cheekily at me in amusement.

I glare at him and he throws his head back in laughter.

He starts to take off his jacket and tries to put it over my shoulders.

" Nope, I'm mad at you. " I say shrugging his jacket off.

He laughs at my stubbornness, and put's his jacket on again.

I mentally frown, I was hoping he would've tried to put his coat on me again or something like they do in the movies.

Before I could think anything else of it I feel his warm arms wrap around me.

" Then I'll just hug you. " he says resting his head on the top of my head.

I smile at his gesture as we wait for the bus.

I look up at the sky and see the gray clouds that haven't left the skies for weeks.

" Ugh when is it going to snow?! " I huff.

" I don't know, we usually have snow by this time in December. " he replies, looking up at the sky as well.

I sigh dramatically and lay my head on his shoulder.

The bus turns the corner and stops in front of us.

We hop on and sit in the back of the bus with our friends. 

Since it's the morning, no one really talks to each other, we usually keep to ourselves.

Hayes and I sit together and I rest my head on his shoulder once again.

" Tired? " he asks, looking down at me.

I close my eyes and mumble a yes.

Before I know it I'm napping on his shoulder.

Victoria's Thoughts

I start to think about the things that have happened over the past month.

Lot's has happened actually.

Let's see, first the rumors.

When Kylee failed to get Chase to ' hurt ' me again, she told the whole school I wasn't a virgin and how big of a whore I was. I didn't take it very well, actually not at all well. Then people started to torment me about it. So day after day it was dirty looks and guys looking at me with they're disgusting minds.

Although Hayes' football team kind of took me in, it sounds weird but they are all so nice and welcoming. Ever since the rumors they would tell people off when someone would make fun of me or something, some of the ones I'm closer to like, Travis and Jake, they know I'm not a virgin and when they asked about it, I told them I'd prefer to not say, they immediately backed off and changed the subject, that's why I trust them the most. I don't feel any other way towards them besides being friends, there's no one that makes me feel the way I feel when I'm with Hayes, no one.

Also my brother has been traveling a lot recently.

He took my advice and started hanging out with Nash. They are also always with Cam so they're like the three musketeers now, I guess!  Nick was featured in some of his vines and he decided to make his own. He got popular really fast thanks to Nash and Cam, so they all travel down to LA all the time.He's also been doing online school, so he doesn't go to school when he's home either. I miss him a lot, but I'm happy for him.