nine

Once you got to school, Lily was already inside.

" OH MY GOD! Vic, are you okay? " she asks running towards you and Hayes.

Hayes sets you down and puts his arm around your shoulder

" I don't really feel like talking about it right now, sorry. " you say looking up at Hayes.

" It's fine! But let's get you cleaned up. " she says with a half smile.

You didn't even think about your makeup.

" UGH " you groaned as you realized you probably looked like a raccoon.

Lily grabs your hand and starts to drag you to the bathroom, you kiss Hayes on the cheek and as your being dragged you mouth " Thank you " with a half smile.

He offers you a small smile as you get farther from him.

* Hayes' POV *

I need to find him. He can't do this to her, why her? Se doesn't deserve any of this, no one does.

Once you get to the bathroom, thankfully there wasn't anyone else there.

Lily starts to redo your makeup, and mess alittle bit with your hair.

When she was done, she turns you around so your facing the mirror.

" OMGOD! Lily, how'd you do this?! you asked her with wide eyes.

She had redone your curls a bit, and make your makeup better then it was before!

" Haha, I just love doing hair and makeup, IT'S SO FUN! " she said smiling wide.

You hear the bell ring and your off to your locker.

You grab your things and head off to Art class.

Luckily you didn't see Kylee anywhere.

Once you get to lunch you go to the lunch line and get a wrap and an apple.

As you were walking to the table Hayes was sitting at you bump in to someone.

" AHHHHHH! What the hell! " a girl screams.

" I'm so sorry! " you say picking up your tray off the ground.

You look up and realize who it was, you let out alittle chuckle when you see an angry Kylee with piece of lettuce stuck on her cheek.

" Actually I'm really not! " you say smiling at her

" uh, you got alittle something... " you say pointing to her cheek.

She wipes it off and storms out of the cafeteria with 3 other girls following her.

You walk over to Hayes and sit down next to him with a bunch of football players Lily and some cheerleaders.

" WOW! You better watch your back, she's a dangerous one! " one of the football players laughing.

You look at Lily and she rolls her eyes and mouths " Don't worry about it ".

" You know Kylee? " Hayes asks eyebrows furrowed.

" Uh, yeah. Bumped into her the other day, why? " you ask curiously.

" Nothing, she's just trouble. " he says looking down at his food but not touching it.

The rest of the day was fine, you actually didn't even see Kylee for the rest of the day!

Your mom was picking you up today, because you haven't talked to her really well ever since the move.

As you wait for your mom outside the school, you see Hayes across the field at football practice.

Victoria's POV

I see Hayes across the football field and wave at him, he smiles and waves back.

I check your phone to see if your mom had sent you a text or something.

Nothing. Ugh, she's already late! Where could she be!

You decide to go on Instagram to get your mind off of things.

About 5 minutes later you feel hands wrap around your eyes.

You giggle and touch the hands that were around your eyes.

" Guess who? " he says.

You notice almost immediately, it's not Hayes...

You struggle out of his grip, trying to run away.

He let's you go but only to grab your wrists hard!

You let out a whimper and look at him in the eye.

" I'll scream. " you threaten as he tightens his grip on your wrists.

" I don't care! Your coming with me! " he yells in your face.

You scream as loud as possible, hoping Hayes or someone will come to get Chase off of you.

Once you stop screaming, Chase slaps you across the face as hard as he can.

You fall to the ground holding your cheek.

You hear someone run off as the foosteps get softer.

Pretty soon after you didn't hear anything you hear many footsteps running towards you.

" Victoria! Victoria! Someone get her an ice pack! Vic, bae! What happened?! " Hayes says with worry in his voice.

You sob into his chest and he places an ice pack on your cheek.

After a couple minutes, all the boys go back to the field and continue their practice but Hayes stays behind and comforts you.

DING DING!

Hayes picks up your phone and reads a text out loud.

" It's from your mom. " he says before he reads it. " I'm so sorry honey! My boss pulled us in for a emergency meeting, I'll make it up to you I promise I'll pick you up in 10! "

You grab the phone from Hayes and texted your mom back.

" It's okay! Is it alright if I go home with Hayes? ". He read the text over your shoulder and said " My mom will be here any minute. ".

You lean on his shoulder and press the ice pack on cheek.