thirty nine

Victoria's POV

Ever since Hayes and I have left the room, he's been acting a little weird, especially when all the guys approached us.

The guys all looked at Hayes and he just ignored them.

Why do I feel like I missed out on something important?

I reach for his hand and give it a reassuring squeeze as we make our way to the taxis.

He offers me a small smile and I immediately know something's up. And I feel like I owe it to his fans to make him his normal self by the show.

Once we get out of the taxis, I pull Hayes to one of the rooms that were reserved for Magcon.

There are some workers and stuff in the room, but they don't notice us.

" What's up? " I ask.

" Oh you know, just standing in a random room with my girlfriend, you? " he teases, a smirk playing on his lips.

My lips curl up into a smile and I gently shove him.

" Come on! You've been acting gloomy all morning, and the guys have been staring at you like you're some broken toy or something. What happened? " I ask, grabbing his wrist.

His features change, but he's too quick to hide it before I can read it carefully.

He grabs my face in both of his hands and kisses me softly.

" I'm fine, just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. " he says, giving me a big grin before throwing an arm around my shoulders and leading us out of the small room.

I don't buy it.

I know Hayes, he's hurt or something is bothering him. All I know is that I want to be there for him, like he's always there for me.

Hayes' POV

I really have to get my shit together.

I need to put on a smile not just for Vic, but for the fans.

They'll know something's up if I keep acting all gloomy.

And rumors are the last thing I need right now.

I lead Vic out of the small room she dragged us in earlier and walk over to the rest of the group.

Mahogany approaches us not breaking eye contact with me.

" Hey, can we talk for a few minutes? " Mahogany asks Vic.

I look at Mahogany with panic in my eyes hopefully keeping her from telling Vic anything that happened.

She gives me a slight nod before they walk away and start talking.

I make my way over to the guys and they immediately pause their conversations and look at me.

" What? " I snap, annoyed at the pity in their eyes.

They continue their conversations and I go on my phone to check my Twitter.

I start walking away from the group when I hear someone following me.

Before I can turn around someone has put a hand on my shoulder.

I turn to see Nash with a pained look in his eyes.

" Who died? " I joke, hopefully lightening the conversation.

He rolls his eyes and slings his arm over my shoulders, and messes up my hair.

" What am I going to do with you, Mr.Bipolar? " he asks, letting me go as I fix my hair after his " hug ".