Chapter 5

In the secret pocket of the night Oikawa heard his breath, as loud as foghorns, roar in his ears. He couldn't see anything. But he could smell Hinata, smell those first buds in spring, which confirmed the staggering fact that -

Hinata was on top of him.

Head on his chest, front on his front, legs on either side, hands tucked between the mattress and Oikawa's back, the mini Karasuno member had draped himself over Oikawa and nuzzled into the captain as if he was a life-size pillow. Hinata sighed happily; now, now he knew he could rest undisturbed and no more dreams would bother him because Oikawa was right here. Sure there was the other component - the intoxicating scent of Oikawa, Hinata's hyper awareness of the setter's body under him, the excited nervousness of being this close but Hinata's eyes felt heavy, and his body so worn, all he wanted to do was sleep...

Meanwhile, Oikawa -

Don't get hard. Just don't get hard. Whatever you do, just don't get hard.

Oikawa realised he wouldn't be getting much sleep tonight. He would be too occupied batting away every single tempting thought.

What if I -

Oikawa placed a hand on the small of Hinata's back that slowly inched down to find the hem of the t-shirt...

Oikawa's mind flashed - Hinata, eyes in fear, mouth agape, diving forcefully towards him -

An even stronger impulse seemed to rise to the surface like a gigantic whale and swallow him whole:

Be careful. He's not like the others.

Oikawa's hand fell limp.

He was just horny. That was all. When the electricity was back he'd call that girl he was supposed to go on a date with. That would sort him out. Failing that there was always one of his exes... Misaki. She never said no.

Oikawa tried to clear his mind but every time, the same scene, the same eyes, the same hair, the same look came back to him...

Oikawa wrapped his arms gently around his saviour and sighed.

'Fine. I'll be enslaved to you. For now.'

Hinata woke upon a tranquil body island, peaceful, breathing deeply. Like second nature, he inhaled Oikawa's scent as if he was thirsty and taking a drink. He looked up, Oikawa was still asleep, one arm draped above his luscious locks. He's so... beautiful. Hinata stared at Oikawa's chiselled jaw, slim nose and high cheekbones. If he wasn't a volleyball player, he could be a model. Hinata lifted his head up and reached a hand out. Ever so delicately, he touched the tip of Oikawa's nose. The setter didn't stir. Hinata then did what he'd been craving to do - he scraped his hand against the side of Oikawa's head and softly gripped a chunk of his hair. It was so silky it was like trying to hold onto water.

Hinata's eyes roved back down to the setter's face. To those lips. That he could kiss.

Ba-dum.

The urge was so strong that Hinata sprang himself off the bed and landed on the floor in a panic. Great. He'd woken Oikawa.

Oikawa sleepily blinked a few times, groaned and turned to his left side. They locked eyes. For a moment a startled expression crossed Oikawa's face as if he was surprised to see him there but Hinata could almost see the processing of Oikawa's mind, like a high-functioning computer, getting back up to date and up to speed with everything that had happened yesterday.

Oikawa grinned. 'What are you doing over there? Shouldn't you be over here? And why do you look so guilty? What did you do?'

Hinata jerked back, turning red and shook his head. 'N-nothing!'