MASON'S GONE

THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS

______________c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - t h r e e

______________
c h a p t e r t w e n t y - t h r e e

They decide to meet at Scott's house shortly after, to discuss both what happened and what's going to happen.

"I'm gonna take a nap, wake me in an hour," she calls out to no one in particular, taking off her jacket and laying on the couch.

"Isaac," Malia and Braeden walk in, and Carson opens one eye in curiousity.

"Yes?" he stands up, wincing slightly.

"So you know how my mother wants to kill me? I think she wants to kill you too."

"Oh, your mass murdering mother wants to kill me? Great," he nods. "Anything else I should know?"

"She has a gun," Stiles walks in.

"Good to know," he closes his eyes and grimaces. "Alright, I'm gonna head to bed."

"I'll stay with you," Malia follows him up the stairs and Braeden walks into the kitchen to tinker with her guns.

"That's my cue," Carson grabs her purse, and gets up at the same time Stiles turns around, bumping into him.

He grabs her waist instinctively to keep her from falling, and she stands frozen in place, staring at him.

"Um... I'm sorry," he whispers.

"It's- It's fine," she looks between his eyes and his lips, and almost steps closer when they hear a crash in the kitchen.

"Someone tell Melissa she needs new plates," Braeden shouts, and Carson chuckles, finally backing away from the boy she loved.

"I should head out," she holds up her keys, closing the door behind her, and he sighs once she disappears from his sight.

"You didn't kiss her. You should've kissed her," Braeden speaks, making him jump.

"You can't just sneak up on people like that!"

Simply chuckling, she turns back to the kitchen. "You and Scott are terrible at recognizing a moment. That was a moment."

"Trust me, she wouldn't have kissed back. In fact, she'd probably punch me."

"At least it would've been entertaining."

_____

"Hey Mom," she sits down at the kitchen bar.

"I heard about the game, are you alright?" she grabs her shoulders, looking over her for wounds.

"I'm fine. I wasn't even the one fighting. Scott, Isaac and Liam got pretty banged up though. And Mason's the beast."