HOLD YOUR BREATH

CODOMINANCE

_______________c h a p t e r  e i g h t e e n

_______________
c h a p t e r  e i g h t e e n

Stiles finally decides to attempt to fix the Jeep, but just pulls out a lot of parts that may or may not be important. He pauses, remembering one night a few weeks before school started.

"Stiles, I cannot believe this," Carson groans, leaning on the hood of the Jeep.

"I'm sorry, okay?"

"Uh, no. Not okay. I said, "Go get your Jeep fixed," and you refused. Several times. Now we're stranded in the middle of nowhere because you also refused to drive my car."

"How do you know your car wouldn't have broken down?" he stops looking at the damage.

"Because my car works! Unlike this stu-" she starts, only for him to snap his head up in a warning.

"Do not finish that sentence."

"Or what? You're gonna leave me stranded in the middle of the road? Oh wait, you already did that!" she screeches.

"Carson, you are not helping. Just shine the damn flashlight, so I can fix the vehicle."

"Shine the damn flashlight," she mocks, but moves it closer. "I'm calling Lydia."

"Why?"

"So she can pick us up."

"I'm not leaving the Jeep," he glares at her.

"Okay well I'm not leaving you."

"Then I guess you're stuck here, go see if it'll start," he points to the front seat.

"It won't," she starts to stomp over.

"Car-"

"Okay!" she turns the key, and surprisingly, the engine starts. She grumbles back into the seat, knowing what's to come.

"Oh, what were you saying? What?" he claps, cheering.

She rolls her eyes, walking towards the passenger side.

"Yeah, so get your cute ass in the car so we can see this movie."

"Don't tell me what to do. And stop calling me cute. I'm not cute, I'm angry."

"You're very cute when you're angry. You're just mad cause I'm right."

"For once," she groans. "You're lucky I love you."

"Yeah, I am," he smiles at her, genuinely this time, and grabs her hand.

He gets interrupted by Scott walking out of the house, and gets back to work. No time to dwell on when life was good, when they have to focus on fixing the bad.