SAVING THE SOPHOMORES

OUROBOROS

________________c h a p t e r  t w e l v e

________________
c h a p t e r  t w e l v e

The next morning, they all decide to meet at Scott's house at the news that Kira was in police custody.

"Okay, so what happened?" Carson sits down.

"Homicide, apparently," Isaac replies.

"Scott's at the station now," Stiles attempts to say, noticing her lack of attention on him.

"And Corey is...?"

"New chimera. Mason said he might know something about the Dread Doctors. He's upstairs with Lydia, reading the book," Theo explains.

"Oh okay."

Suddenly Scott barges through the front door with a very determined face.

"Hey is Kira okay?" Stiles perks up.

He only brushes past all of them, making Theo ask, "Scott?"

They run upstairs after hearing commotion, to see Scott's claws in Corey's neck.

"Don't get too close," Lydia warns.

"What is he doing?" Theo asks.

"Tapping into Corey's memories. It's usually something only Alphas do."

"Is it as dangerous as it looks?" he inspects the two.

"Probably more."

"Does anyone know if it's working?"

After a beat, they both gasp and jump up.

"Is he okay?" Scott asks.

"What the hell did you do to me?"

"You'll be alright."

"There's blood."

"You'll heal," he brushes him off, making everyone give him a look.

"Scott," Carson and Stiles start, quickly glancing at each other at the sound of the other's voice.

"He'll be fine! Listen, I think it worked. I saw something," he continues, grabbing a notebook. "There were tunnels. Pipes along the walls. There were these huge blue pipes at the entrance. Two on both sides."

"Wait. I know this, I've seen this before. That's one of the tunnels I used to skateboard in," Stiles realizes. "Remember when my dad caught me one time and told me to never go back?"

"It's the water treatment plant," Lydia says.

"That's where they are. That's where we'll find Liam and Hayden. Mason, come on."

The alpha then runs down the steps in haste, making them all follow.

"Scott," Stiles tries, but he doesn't listen. "Scott, slow down. Just think for a second. Mason shouldn't be going."