SENIOR YEARS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAYS

CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

______________c h a p t e r  o n e

______________
c h a p t e r o n e

Carson runs through the hall, attempting to get to the locker room quickly.

"Happy birthday, Carson!" a patient, Dave Robinson, major depressive old man, calls out to her.

"Not for another forty-five minutes, but thanks, Dave. Are you feeling okay? Do I need to call the nurse? Do you want anything to eat before I head out?" she pauses, leaning on the door.

"No, no, I wouldn't want to hold you on your birthday, thank you for being so nice. It's not something I'm used to," he grabs her hand. "Most people get tired of the doom and gloom."

"Trust me Dave, I get doom and gloom. Have a nice night, okay? Call your son," she leaves, grabbing her purse from Melissa.

"Stiles called you twelve times in the past ten minutes. Is there something I should know about?"

"No, no, Momma McCall, we're not supposed to tell you," she smirks, changing her clothes.

"Well, here. Happy birthday," she hands her a gift box.

"You didn't have to get me anything-"

"Take the present, Carson."

"Thank you," she smiles.

"Did you decide where you're going to school yet?" she asks.

"I'm applying basically everywhere, but if I can get in, Stanford or USC."

"I'm sure you'll get in. They'd be lucky to have you."

"Thank you, I have to- That's a lot of rain," Carson steps outside, staring at the storm. She calls Lydia, sighing.

"Hey Lyds-"

"Are you on your way? I'm almost there."

"I'm still at the hospital, I'm almost done."

"Oka-" Lydia gets cut off.

"Lyds? Ugh come on!" she searches for her car keys, bumping into Liam.

"Uh, aren't you supposed to be tied to a tree somewhere?" she chuckles.

"I am, that's true, you're absolutely right," he gives her a dazed smile. Clearly his little crush has yet to go away. Even in six months worth of Stiles' glaring at him every time he stared for too long.

"Okay, I'll see you around, okay?" she walks back to the reception area, grabbing her keys off the desk.

"Carson!" Stiles turns the corner with Scott and Isaac, alerting her of his presence.

"Hi, babe," she kisses him, before handing a chocolate bar to Malia. "What's up?"

"Okay, if you were going away on a trip, say to LA, and I told you, "Don't worry, go have fun." What would you think I was talking about?" he continues.