Chapter 220: Death Cycle (XVIII)

Shang Ke chose the path of "being killed" from the very beginning, but he had not planned to do it so soon. He would first spend one or two years with his man, then one or two years to accumulate hatred, and finally one or two years of lover-enemy status to accomplish his goal step by step.

然而现实总是不给他转圜的余地,在精神力的冲击性下,尚可做出了本能的反应。在他意识深处,为爱人牺牲已经成为了一种条件反射,但这种"牺牲",他并不觉得伟大,反而会给自己所爱的人带来伤害。

However, the reality alway doesn't give him any wiggle room. Under the impact of the spirit power, Shang Ke reacted instinctively. In the depths of his consciousness, sacrificing for his lover had become a kind of reflex, but he did not feel great about this "sacrifice", as it would bring harm to his loved one instead.

只是让他没想到的是,这次"牺牲",是真正的牺牲,在失去意识的瞬间,他的时间就停滞了。没有"完成任务"的提示,也没有返回系统空间,他的灵魂彻底迷失在无尽的黑暗中,无知无觉......

But what he didn't expect was that this "sacrifice" was a real sacrifice. The moment he lost consciousness, his time stopped. There was no "mission accomplished" prompt, no return to the system space, his soul was completely lost in the endless darkness, unconscious and senseless...

左弦踉踉跄跄地走到霍轩消失的位置,发现地上的尸体并非丧尸王帝馗,虽然身形很像,但五官扭曲,肌肉萎缩,好像曾经被什么重物碾压过一般,身上的骨头都碎裂了。

Zuo Xian staggered to the spot where Huo Xuan disappeared, and found that the corpse on the ground was not the zombie king Di Kui. Although the body shape was similar, the features were distorted, the muscles were atrophied, as if they had been crushed by something heavy, and the bones in the body were all broken.

既不是帝馗也不是霍轩,那么很可能的就是那只擅长空间异能的将级丧尸。周围数千米都成了中空地带,除了他们,估计也没有其他活人或者丧尸能够靠近。

It was neither Di Kui nor Huo Xuan, so it was most likely the general-level zombie that was good at spatial abilities. The surrounding few kilometers became an empty-zone, and besides them, no other living person or zombie could get close.

那么,帝馗、霍轩和尚可,他们到哪里去了?

Then, where did Di Kui, Huo Xuan and Shang Ke go?

左弦望着天空,心中隐隐有一种感觉,他们可能再也不会回来了......

Zuo Xian looked at the sky and had a feeling in his heart that they might never come back...

帝馗抱着尚可,漫无目的地走在荒废的城市中,精神恍恍惚惚,无数零散的画面和记忆不断在大脑中闪现。

Di Kui held Shang Ke and walked aimlessly in the deserted city in a trance-like state, with countless scattered scenes and memories constantly flashing in his brain.

经过一辆货车时,玻璃镜中映照出的人影,并非帝馗,而是霍轩。但帝馗并没有发现,只是一直向前走着。

When passing a truck, the figure reflected in the glass mirror was not Di Kui, but Huo Xuan. But Di Kui didn't notice and just kept walking forward.

在太阳落山前,他找到了一处还算舒适的休息场所,将尚可小心放好,然后守在一旁,耐心地等他复活。

Before the sun set, he found a reasonably comfortable resting place, put Shang Ke carefully down, and then stayed aside, waiting patiently for him to come back to life.