chapter three

=UNEDITED=

Elise's POV

"Grandma, how did you even get me in this thing?" I ask her while I'm on the phone, leaving the coffee shop on the campus, leaving to meet my mentor.

It's Saturday at 9:50 in the morning and I'm not looking forward to this internship. The teacher isn't even a 'business man'. He's a business teacher. What could he possibly teach me without experience.

"Well darling, my friend is acquainted with the head master there and he talked to her about it. And once she told me, of course I had to call and ask for you to be signed up. And it turns out, he was already thinking about signing you up. Now, go and have fun. I'll call you later tonight, when you're done."

Before I could question how long this will be, she hung up.

I sighed, trying to hold all my books up and having my coffee in my hands. I hate walking all the way across campus. I wish I was with Juliet right now, sleeping in.

Being in my own little world, I bump into someone.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I say to the person I bump into. He's rather tall and has a muscular body.

"No, I'm sorry. Here let me get your books," a voice all to familiar says and reaches for my book on the ground.

I look up at his face and freeze where I am.

Maybe if I push my hair in front of my face, he won't notice it's me.

"Elise?"

Too late.

"Yeah, hi," I mutter, but he doesn't hear what I said and says my name again.

I smile when an idea came into my mind.

"No sorry I think you have the wrong person. Have to go though, nice meeting you," I say and rush to the left.

He doesn't follow me, which makes me think that my acting was believable. I hope it was. I can't have a repeat from last year.

Why was he even here? Is he following me? No, he can't be. I hope not. Gosh, I hate him. Next person I'll see is Demetri. Fuck if I see him I'll go on a rampage.

Before I know it, it's already 9:58 and I'm lost. I guess instead of taking a left, I should've taken a right.

Great, now I have to walk all the way back and pray I don't run into him again. And, I'm going to be late on the first day and my grandmother is going to freak.

Luke's POV

"There are only five of you right now," I state the obvious, looking at the students in front of me.

I decided to shake off the bad feeling I had when I thought I saw Elise and get to actual work. I was actually pretty excited about this now because of the tasks the students would have to do.

"Well, I guess we will just have to start without them," I sigh and smile at the students that are here.

"Now, right when I walked in is when I got this list with your names so I'm sorry I do not know them yet.

"Is Anne Hunter here?" I ask and the girl nods.

"Douglas Woods?" He nods.

"Carla Carlei?" She raises her hands.

"Zeke Stands?" He nods.

"George Stewart?" He nods and smiles

"And," I was about to say the last name when there was a knock on the door.

I walk over to the door and can see a girl who's outside the door through the small window.

It must be the girl who's late.

I open the door and before I even look at the girl, I smirk and say, "You know, being late on the first day is not a good first impression."

Elise's POV

Fuck my life.

Luke's POV

"So tell us," I look at the paper to find her name.

I swallow hard, "Elise Davis, why are you late?"

I try to act cool but I'm really shitting myself. I really did bump into her. And she went left. That's why she's late.

"I woke up late, um Mr.," she stops mid sentence.

I get what she's doing now. She's acting like we don't know each other.

And I'm completely okay with that.

"Hemmings and just don't be late again. Now take your seat and we will get started," I sigh.

A/n: I've been having snow days so that's why I can update. OMG IM GOING TO A HOZIER CONCERT TOMORROW AND IM 90% IM GONNA BE ABLE TO MEET HIM AND IM SO PUMPED AND EXCITED AND JUST OMG OWNWOSKWLSKEKBXMCPWBWODM

remember, comment pleaaaaaaase :) xx

follow me on Instagram: erica_sultanx