chapter ten

=UNEDITED=

Luke's POV

"Hey, what are you doing?" I hear Arianna ask.

"Well, I was trying to sneak out of bed without waking you up. Beautiful girls like you need your rest," I told her.

I was trying to get up out of bed to go get water. I couldn't sleep. Partially because of the night Arianna and I just had and also because I couldn't stop stressing out about work.

"What, did I tire you out too much and now you can't sleep?" She joked. She had a huge, sleepy, smile on her face and she made my stomach do flips.

I sound like an idiot.

"Yeah, you tired me out. Look, I'm going to go get water. Go back to sleep baby."

I didn't need to tell her twice and while I got up from the bed, I heard her snores.

I walked down the steps and went into the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle and then sat in the dark at my kitchen table.

I sighed, opening the drink and taking a sip.

I pondered why I was stressing over work.

A the conclusion was Elise.

I hate to think about her outside of school but, I know what she's trying to do.

She's trying to get back at me for telling her not to marry Demetri.

She's deliberately disrupting my class and having Douglas all over her because she thinks I still love her.

She thinks she's hurting me and to be honest with myself, if my six months ago self was teaching her now, the one that was in love with her, I'd be bothered for the obvious reason. But now, I'm bothered because she's just acting childish and she's disrupting my class.

And this is how she reacts without even knowing the real truth about how she got into Columbia.

Elsie's POV

"I can't believe we're helping Valentino with her new line. Oh my gosh I'm actually going to meet her. Isn't this incredible!"

I'm with Douglas right now, waiting for Valentino herself, the woman we are going to help for "Fashion Week in Milan" at JFK. We're meeting her here first and then going back to her suite to have her tell us what she wants from us.

"Donatella Valentino. Sister of Valentino, took over the company when her brother, the founder, died," Douglas says out loud.

"Yes, I know all of what you just said."

"Okay well that's good. So you must also know that she speaks mostly Italian."

"Oh my gosh I didn't think of that."

Before Douglas could respond back, she came over from her gate.

She stood right in front of us, her security guards all around her.

"Ciao, Valentino, la sua un onore conoscerla," I hear Douglas speak.

"Grazie Douglas , è se?" Valentino says back.

While they're talking, I'm just looking at her with my mouth gaped. This is Valentino!

"Sì, è Douglas. Spero che tu abbia una guida sicura per il vostro hotel . Elise e io si incontreranno lì."

Valentino then leaves with a smile on her face and I turn my open mouth to Douglas.

"Close your mouth, you might catch a fly," Douglas taps on my chin, indicating me to close it.

***

"We're here to see Ms. Valentino," I tell the lady at the front desk at the hotel Valentino is staying at.

"Oh yes. Elise Davis and Douglas Woods, correct?"

"Yes," I smile.

"Room 223."

"Thank you."

We head to the elevator and I press the button for the second floor.

"I bet you're really loving Mr. Hemmings now," Douglas says.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, he got us this job. How? I don't know. He's really a nobody. Just a university teacher."

Douglas' words hurt for some reason.

"Yeah, whatever," I brush off.

"Oh that hurt did it? You've got it bad my friend."

"I've got what bad?"

"You're in love with this guy. And I bet you don't even know his middle name. Or anything about him for that matter."

Oh I'd beg to differ.

a/n: thank you all for 1k followers!!! I'll update soon :))