chapter eight

=UNEDITED=

Elise's POV

Two weeks have passed and I still find myself staring at him.

I stare at his eyes, who are making eye contact with all of the students, and when they stare at me, I avert eye contact.

I stare at his lips that are the gateway for his voice and I listen to every word that is allowed out but I don't pay attention.

I can just imagine his (anything but coarse) lips molding into mine.

I see his chest rise and fall with every breath he takes and every intake he exhales.

My eyes scan the rest of his body and I stop myself at his belly button because I really don't need to be thinking about anything else right now while I'm in class.

He just going over how well we did with our projects.

Eventually Douglas and I worked in the project. The day after we got kicked out, we got kicked out again because of bickering.

The day after the second day of getting kicked out, we actually worked.

Worked on what? To be honest, I don't even know. I just went with the flow.

When I'd get back to my room and be the typical crazy ex girlfriend and search his new girlfriend. I have not found anything out yet.

All of a sudden I hear my name called from his lips and perk up, back straightened, at my desk.

I see my fellow students leaving except for Douglas. And then I also see Luke going into his office.

"What does he want from me?" I ask Douglas.

"He asked us to stay after. Wants to talk, I guess. If you would've payed attention to him and not paying attention to his looks and dreaming of hot steamy sex with him, you'd hear him say my name too."

My cheeks flush a deep shade of red and before I can make a sassy remark to him, Luke returns.

"I just wanted to let you both know that your project went very well. There's a convention type show where I'd like to sign you two up to help the fashion designer. I don't know which one it is but it'll be a good one I suppose," Luke explains.

"Why would I want to do that? I'm not the help. And why would I want to work with her," Douglas points to me.

Ouch.

"You do realize that you have to start somewhere, don't you? You can't just be something right when you graduate. You have to work. You'll most likely be an intern to a designer and then an assistant. Then you'll probably get fired and have to work for three other people before you make your big debut. It'll be good too. You learn the ropes that way."

"Whatever," is Douglas's response.

"Well, I'll let you two talk about it and then get back to me."

After that we leave.

I turn to the right, out of the room, and Douglas usually turns left, but turned right with me today.

"Going to the cafe?" I ask.

"No. But I'm willing to help you."

"With?"

"I'll make Mr. Hemmings jealous for you. You know, hug, kiss, touch," he drags out the word, "you. Make it look like we're something. Make you look hot and he'll come running to you."

I'm stunned.

"Look, I've already tried jealousy with other people," with Luke, "and it doesn't work that well."

"Well at least you admitted to liking him. Look, it's not that bad liking your college professor. And he's not even your professor. He's an advisor of some sort. This isn't high school. It'd be a bit weird there, but it's a little common here."

If only he knew.

I ponder what he's offering though.

Why??

I have no idea.

And I don't know why I'm forming the word, "Yes,"

a/n: sorrrrrrrry. I've been sooooo busy with school
:( hope you like this one :)) (it's kinda crappy, I know, sorry)