chapter seven

=UNEDITED=

Elise's POV

"Ok, it's nice to see that everyone is here in on time. Now we must talk about what we are going to do today. There are six of you in this internship. Each of you want to go into business. Now, all of you have something in common with one other person in this room.

"You and that other person want to do the same thing with business. Like some of you want real estate, while others want fashion.

"I'll pair you with your partner and you both will work on a pitch. Say for fashion, you'll come up with designs, they don't have to be original, and write and perform a pitch for us. This assignment will be performed on Saturday. Then we will have off on Sunday."

"Anne and Zeke. Carla and George. Douglas and Elise. Good luck everyone. If you have any questions, only ask once," and with that, he leaves to his office.

I can't believe Douglas is here for fashion. That actually makes me sick.

He moves over to me, sitting in the desk next to mine.

I turn my body in the desk so that I'm facing him.

"Look, I'm really not in the mood for smirks and sarcasm so you do you, I do me, and then we'll talk tomorrow," I say rolling me eyes and turning around back in my desk.

It's true, I'm not in a good mood. I haven't been ever since Juliet put stupid conspiracy theories in my head.

I am not jealous.

But another part of me says I am. And that I was stupid for ever letting him go.

But then the other part comes back and says that I'm being stupid to be thinking about wanting to be with him.

And all of me thinks that I'm an indecisive little girl who is only reliable for fashion advice and screwing things (specifically relationships) up.

All in all, there's a constant war going on in my head.

"Well, didn't someones friend stop by for her monthly visit," Douglas says trying to stifle a laugh and smile.

"You're so aggravating!" I holler, which causes the other four people to look at us.

"Way to go, drama queen," he mumbles and then takes out his phone and looks down at it.

"What's your number?"

"Like I'm going to tell you," I say, looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"It's for the project princess. Nothing more, nothing less."

I sigh. He's probably right.

I give in to him and then get his number in return.

"So, maybe we can go to this nice restaurant in Little Italy, it has great food," Douglas says.

My face goes pale and red at the same time. Did he seriously just ask me out? Have I not made it obvious of my distaste for him?

"Douglas," is the only word I get out before he speaks.

"As friends you ass. I have a girlfriend."

"Well maybe you should remember that you have one. If I were your girlfriend, which I definitely don't want to be, and you were asking other girls to go out with you, I'd dump your worry ass."

"Yeah whatever. Have you even had a boyfriend in your life? You know, you look like a virgin."

"Excuse me, but I have had boyfriends. And I'm definitely not a virgin."

The fact that I'm even having this talk with this specimen is absolutely disgusting and makes me want to barf.

"Really? How many boyfriends? And how many times have you had sex?"

"Two. And like ten times. Probably more that I don't remember," I smirk in victory.

"Oh, so we've got a little whore here, have we?" He smirks even more.

"Mr. Woods and Ms. Davis, it really looks like you both are working so hard," we suddenly turn our attention to Luke, who just spoke.

He's standing in front of our desk. I can smell his scent, he's so close. I honestly want to drown in it.

"I, neither do the other four in here, don't want to hear about your sex life Ms. Davis. And Mr. Woods, we would not like to hear an interrogation session either. Both of you, out. Come back here tomorrow ready to work," he finishes off by going back to his office. His voice sounded firm and strict which is why I, and even Douglas, got up immediately and left.

"I can't believe he actually kicked us out," Douglas says once we're out of the room.

"I can't believe he heard about my sex life," I say, starting to worry.

When we were together, we never had sex. I told him I wanted to wait until I was older.

I hope me saying everything I did wasn't a slap to the face for him.

Why do I even care what he thinks.

It's almost like Douglas read my mind because the words that leave his mouth next are, "Why do you even care?"

"Good question."

a/n: hi sorry it took so long to update. I've been superrrr busy with school and actually living life :)) but mostly school. so bare with me people :) xx