chapter 47.

Sage Müller

Sage Müller

I placed back and fourth chewing on my bottom lip. It was Sunday, the day of my engagement party and I was anything but happy.

I was worried sick about Owen popping up and destroying everything. Of course I could handle myself but I was more so worried about my parents. They still didn't know about my involvement in the mafia and I wasn't sure that I ever wanted them to.

" Baby," Gio walked towards me capturing my cheeks into his palms. I gripped his forearm as he stared down at me. "Deep breaths, we've got it handle. Everything will be fine."

I wanted to believe him, I really did. But nothing good comes from an everything will be fine, because nine times out of ten, shit ends up hitting the fan.

Taking a deep breath, I nodded my head and kissed the inside of his palm. " Ok." His smiled down at me and ran his eyes over my body. I chose a red dress tonight. Nothing too fancy but nothing too casual. "You look amazing."

I blushed, turning away from his heated stare.
"Don't turn away from me." His fingers gripped my chin turning my face towards him. I leaned on my toes and pressed my lips against his in a simple peck.I pulled back and wiped the remnants of my red lipstick away from his lips.

"You ready ?" I asked intertwining my fingers in his. " Always, bee." He smirked down at me.

We walked hand and hand towards the docks after we got out of the SUV. The smell of sea salt and the ocean hitting me as I stepped foot out of the vehicle. It was a twenty minute drive from the Hampton house to the docks. Twenty minutes of alone time together before we were pulled every which way tonight.

We walked onto the boat and were greeted by all of the guest clapping. I smiled and waved feeling a little bit overwhelmed by how many people were here.

Ashanti and the girls were here, Khalid, and the rest were friends of the family or either family members from Italy.

I walked towards the girls and hugged them. They congratulated us on the engagement but sadly I got pulled away for introductions.

" My feet are killing me." I murmur sitting at the bar next to the girls. " I've meet all the cousins and aunts and uncles. Y'all have a big ass family."

The twins shook their heads in quiet laughter at my statement. " We're Italian, what did you expect." I threw back a shook as I nodded my head in agreement.

" See any uninvited guest ?" We turned around to see the boys standing behind us. " Not a peep or disturbance so far." I said.