chapter 53.

A month later:

A month later:

"I like the red better.'' Gio pointed out as we sat down, trying to figure our a color scheme for our wedding.

Everything was happening so fast. We already had the venue picked out. The guest list was finalized, the bridesmaid's dresses and groomsmen tux were being tailored.

Alessio was handling the menu, although we still had to approve that and do cake testing. I still had to go dress shopping as well.

Gio's tux was getting tailored along with the rest of the groomsmen's tux. I had to pick out my dress and the flower girl's dresses as well. My dad would be officiating the wedding because he was an ordained minister for some reason.

Right now, we were going over the floral arrangements and the decor for the reception. "But I think that the cream would be much better. That's so much red, baby.'' I try to reason with him as we look over table cloth options.

"There can never be too much red.'' He retorts.

"G,'' I sighed, running a hand throw my hair. ''The flowers are red, the chair cushions, red, The table napkins are already red, baby. Just compromise, ok.'' I beg him.

I was not trying to have a red fucking wedding.

''Fine, the cream goes better with outlining of the chair anyways.'' He mumbles as we turn to the assistant that was helping out Natalia. She was actually a wedding planner but you know how Natalia is.

"Alright then." She gives us a quick smile.

The theme was red and gold, but if Gio had it his way it would've been red, red, RED.

Our wedding would be held at the French chateau that he bid on at the auction. It had a ballroom that was big enough to fit the guest inside, and the ceremony would be held in the courtyard, which was also big enough to fit all of our guests.

Then for the honeymoon, we'll start in Paris, then head to Germany, and make our way to Italy. I was so happy to finally be able to get back home after being away for so long. I was even more excited to be able to share my hometown with Gio. That would be the highlight of the honeymoon for me -- and the sex. But mostly bringing him home with me.

''Alright, I was supposed to be at my appointment like now.'' We got up and he walked me out of the office. ''Text me when your done, I have a surprise for you." He says, pushing his lower half onto my body as we lean against my car.

It was a pearl white Lamborghini Huracan to match his matte-black Huracan. He surprised me a month ago with it and I was completely taken aback. I had gotten so used to him driving me around, or the driver. I had learned to drive when I first moved here since it was a different experience in New York.