Chapter 14 - Bashed

After reading the letter, I heard my phone buzzing so I checked it. Perplexed seeing I'm bombarded again with notifications, I accidentally click a message from instagram and what in the world...

Stay away from Lizzie, you fucking leech

Gold Digger

You ain't special, there's more worse problems out there than yours, grow up

If Lizzie gets hurt because of you, I WILL KILL YOU

I hope the poison kills you. :))

I sighed.

I uninstalled all my socmed apps immediately. I was shaking, there's this heavy and stinging pain in my chest that keeps getting painful and I can't tell if i'm mad, sad or anything else other than that.

*Mall intercom opening* Tip 1: Don't check your phone early in the morning. It can ruin your day plus minus ten points in your lifespan. *Mall intercom closing*

I sighed. 

Gecko puts his head on my lap and looks up at me with his cutie puppy eyes. I smiled and caress his head. "You can feel my sadness too?" He wags his tail still looking at me. I left my phone on the table and take a bath because by 9am, Teyonah will be here. I let him outside because the nature might call him and he had to take a leak but I did make sure the door leading to the open field is locked. 

11:15 am

Gecko starts barking out of the blue so I went to the door to check if she's there. "Hey! Careful, you might stumble on the steps. Hiii!" Teyonah greeted then pats him on his head. I reach the gate and open it. "You have a car?" She went in and I close it. "Yeah, Hold this and let me help you." Then she went behind and control it. "Ooooh, looks like you prepared a movie. And it smells good, wow." I said while looking inside a paper bag. 

She brought two huge buckets of popcorn, cheese and barbecue flavor, two large blizzard Oreos and one full bucket of fries divided into three flavors. Goodness.

"Not actually, but I remember you love marvel so maybe we can watch a few. I don't know what movies you like, but maybe we can browse later. You like the food? I asked Lizzie earlier about the type of food you eat and she said you're not really picky and she can sense you love food so... my intuition says to buy you that.. except the blizzard Oreo cause she suggested it." She was talkative that I didn't realize we are in the living room already.

We remove the foods out of the paper bags, and Teyonah opens the tv. I told her I'll close the back door since Gecko is now inside and is looking forward to have a bite.

. . . . . . . . .

Afternoon and the sun is about to set. It was really fun talking to her. That energetic side kept me distracted from the pain that I felt after reading all those messages and comments. We get to know each other more, shared our own theories about what's going to happen next in the MCU and asked concerning my situation too.

We are watching Raya and the Last Dragon when she asked me about Lizzie. "So, how is she handling the situation? I saw on social media that someone almost kidnapped you again? Things just never end. Can't they give you a break?"

"I don't know... We don't talk that much often.. but whenever I need help, she's there. And about that break? There's no break for me. I might die soon." I get a spoonful of ice cream. "Don't say that- "

"It's true. My doctor said the chance is still high." Silence filled the room for a moment. "I'm sorry, I just want you to have hope and look forward to the best." She sits beside me. "There's no hope as of now. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel." I take a deep breath, then exhale. "But thank you... After all that's been happening, I'm just- just grateful someone is looking out for me. And crazy because, it's a stranger to begin with." I smiled.

"Girl, how dare you say I'm a stranger. I ain't one, you recognize me so well and you know ma name!" She complained, which made me laugh. "Yo chill, girl! Your energy is so high I can't match it!"

"Well, you're making me mad with your statement, it's almost perfect! But you say stranger- oh mah goodness."

"Ok, alright- fine. You're not. Happy?" I said for her to stop, pretty sure she's just acting to make things lighter.

We both laugh, it's not really that funny but since she really has a positive vibe and wanted to make me feel better, it worked.

I just wanted to be stuck in this moment while things are getting better. It feels like it would take thousands of years for me to heal overall and I am on day 2, the beginning.

By 8pm she left. Supposedly, it was 7 but Lizzie texted her saying that she has one more interview to attend and maybe she could extend for an hour just to make sure I was safe and nothing weird is going on.

12 am

A nightmare ending with that same deafening ringing and the loud sound of that shotgun awakened me. The lights are all off. The fan is on and there's a thin blanket placed on me. I feel like going outside, so I did.

I enjoyed my time with Teyonah. But going back at it now, I don't know how it feels suddenly. As if it's part of my short-term memory or like the fries I ate earlier that I was so satisfied about but eventually moved on as if I didn't eat.

I went back inside, grab my sketchpad and color pencils without opening the light then I head to that hidden place.

With only the light on my phone, I tried to create an image from my imagination.

. . . . .

10 minutes have passed and nothing. The paper and pencil are still there waiting for me to at least draw a line or anything. I sighed and lean back.

Within those minutes, I was just staring at that blank page and although the place is serene with a few crickets chirping in the background, I can hear something... It's like coming from underwater, singing the same thing. It was blasting in my ear, then gradually fading.

Make my way...

Hey, hey, hey, yeah, hey, yeah
Hey, hey

'Cause growing pains are keeping me up a....

I try to mend what's left...

*

What y/n did not realize was that she isn't staring for 10 minutes and on the page or pencil. She was staring at the dark lake, reflecting the night above for hours now.

And even if she cannot conjure an image, her mind's eye is working on its full potential. However, it's not in the way it usually should.

From white to yellow, green to blue, red to black.

Jumping from fantasy to fantasy of running, being overwhelmed by the big dangerous enemy, fighting as if heroic, only to fall back down and scream in agony.

She didn't even realize tears were forming in her eyes.

And the music, ah yes... The music. It's nothing but a broken radio. Aside from the static and the gradual fade, the channels kept changing in a blink of an eye, as if there's no end to the channels it can reach.

When I say I lie, I lie. Poor y/n, she can only see a black droplet of paint falling in slow motion over a black dust over and over again. She cannot see that underneath. I've created thousands of analogies of her falling into depravity.

And the house engulfed by the fire is not even included.