chapter one

we're the pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

"that's what, a three-story fall to the deck?" pope yelled up to john b who was dangerously balancing with one foot on the roof of the unfinished mansion. the pogues were currently partaking in one of the things they do best; trespassing. better yet- on kook territory.
"i give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." pope called out, aiming an impact wrench at him.

rosie's head slowly lifted from jj's shoulder, stopping the swinging of her legs to look over at john b and pope's antics. a small frown that caught rosie's eye, settled on jj's lips at the loss of contact and body heat to keep him warm from the harsh winds.
"don't worry, jay baby, i'm not leaving." she whispered in his ear, a small half smirk etched on her face before fading into a small smile. unknowingly to rosie, a shiver ran down jj's spine due to her soft, low words and proximity of her lips. his face turned to look at her, seeing the familiar comforting smile that she often gave him.

"i will take a sip... or five of your beer though, thanks man." rosie laughed quietly, stealing the beer from jj's hand and drinking from it. jj huffed softly, "you're lucky i actually like you." rosie poked his cheek gently, "don't fool yourself, jay. you looove me." she spoke, elongating the word 'love'. an indistinct blush forming on jj's cheeks as he shook his head. rosie laughed loudly, moving her attention back to john b and pope.

"hm," john b hummed, holding up his finger to predict the speed and direction of the wind. "should i do it?"

"yea, jump."

"yea, go for it, john b. then, just maybe, i'll be grandma's favourite grandchild. you know by process of elimination and everything." rosie joked as she turned her body to face jj and john b. rosie carefully put her legs over jj's lap, his hands coming down to rest softly on her legs.

"i'll even shoot him on the way down, if that helps with your plan, rosie." pope said as he redirected his attention to the slightly freckled girl. john b mocked offence, "you'll shoot me?"

"nice, you got yourself a double whammy there, johnny b!" rosie smiled. she giggled quietly, laying her head back on jj's shoulders as john b shot finger guns at her and pope.

"they're gonna have japanese toilets with towel warmers." kiara said, walking back outside. jj ran his thumbs softly over rosie's knuckles, her eyes closing slowly at the comforting action.
"of course. why wouldn't they?" jj complained. "this used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, i guess?"

"hey, kie! i do! i do!" rosie said excitedly, raising her hand high to show her love for turtles. "i can't have cold towels." jj muttered cockily, mocking the kook lifestyle.

"can you please not kill yourself?" kie asked as she looked up towards john b. "aw kie! but then my plan won't work." rosie said, pouting towards the curly-haired girl. kie looked towards rosie momentarily before rolling her eyes and chuckling.

"don't spill that beer! i'm not giving you another one." jj said, looking at the boy on the roof. unfortunately, but not unsurprisingly for john b, he dropped the beer two seconds after jj told him not to. "woah! oh, shit."

"HA!" rosie laughed loudly, turning to face the brunette. "sucks to suck, john b! looks like you don't get any more beer." the energetic girl laughed amusingly just when jj muttered: "of course you did. like right when i told you." the other two pogues pitched in as well, making fun of the clumsiness john b possessed.
"smooth... dumbass." kie said right before john b groaned loudly.

"a plus...." pope spoke, looking over the railing. "hey, uh, security's here. let's wrap it up."

"boys are early today"... "humpty dumpty, let's roll." john b and jj said at the same time. the blonde boy tapped rosie's legs, both of them rolling away from their spots on the scaffolding.
"let's go boys, and girl!" kie said, looking at each one of her friends. "gary! is that you?" jj yelled, greeting one of the security guards. "gary! it's good to see you, man!" rosie yelled afterwards.