chapter eighteen

rosemary, kiara, pope and jj all sat quietly watching the movie on the projector screen. the sky had darkened significantly and the movie seemed to have just passed the halfway mark. "jj?" pope whispered from beside rosie. "what?'

"gotta take a piss." pope said, slightly tugging on jj's shirt. "hold it." pope shook his head in return, "i can't hold it. i drank too much soda." rosie silently giggled at the exchange between the two boys. jj sounded like a mom scolding her child. "it's too exposed. they'll totally see us."

"i gotta go." pope insisted harshly, he looked back at the three kooks quickly, hating their existence even more than usual right about now. "they're blocking the bathrooms." jj looked around for a solution, "come here. i know where. rosie, we'll be back in a couple minutes. stay here with kiara." the two boys stood up and started to hunch over so they could get away unnoticed.

"hey, where y'all going?" kie asked them, before they got farther. jj looked back, "we gotta wring it out." rosie put her hand over her mouth to stop herself from laughing at jj's 'duh' expression and to stop herself from making a dirty joke.
"you gonna hold it for each other?" kie asked, which just made rosie laugh louder and the boys to leave the two girls faster. "no, they're actually secretly in love and going to give each other blowjobs," rosie deadpanned, her lips twitching into a small smile. kie laughed back, "jope. i see it. what a cute and chaotic couple." both girls chuckled quietly.

"actually, while they're gone, i wanted to ask you something." kie whispered, leaning over to rosie, who decided to scoot over so kie didn't have to lean so much. "sure, what's up?"

"i was wondering if you wanted to come to midsummers with me? as, like, a platonic date." rosie's smile widened, "oh my god, yeah. i'd love to." she exclaimed. unlike kiara, rosie actually really enjoyed getting to dress up occasionally and do some glamorous makeup. she had a secret talent for doing makeup and was excited to be able to show that and make it match with her dress. "okay, perfect. we can talk about more of the details later. like dresses, and other stuff." kie said, to which rosie squealed quietly in excitement, "yay! we're gonna look so hot, kie. i'm really excited."

after a few more minutes with no return from the two boys, rosie started to get suspicious. they shouldn't be taking this long is what she kept telling herself, only making her heartbeat heighten. piecing a theory together, she looked back, trying to find the three douchebags but only saw their empty seats.
"shit. shit, shit, shit," rosie panicked. "what? what's wrong?" kie asked, now equally as panicked. "rafe, topper and kelce are gone, and jj and pope are still gone. we gotta go." rosie stood up abruptly, grabbing jj's bag and kiara's hand so they could find the five boys.

the two girls quickly found all the guys fighting once they ran behind the projector screen. rafe and kelce were beating jj up while topper and pope were fighting each other.

"let go of him, topper! fascist asshole!" kie yelled as she grabbed jj's bag from rosie's hands and hit topper with it. rosie ran over to the other three, jumping on rafe's back and holding both of her arms tightly so they stayed locked around his neck, hoping to have the element of surprise. "let go, you psycho. i see you're staying true to your unfair fighting technique." rosie said, giving jj the chance to break out of kelce's hold. rafe stumbled to the side but did not miss a beat, elbowing her aggressively in the side, causing her to loosen her hold on her arms. rafe pried her arms from around his neck, slamming her onto the ground and straddling her waist while she was winded from the sudden contact with the ground. "see, rosie. you're all talk but when it gets to it, you can't handle your own. you're a weak little bitch and i don't see you doing much to stop me."

rosie huffed, "you're also like 6'2 and heavy as fuck. i still don't get why you always trying to come for me and my friends. talk about fan behaviour. still having a hard time picking on people your own size, i presume." rafe wasn't too concerned with handling rosie as he listened to her talk so as he was underestimating her abilities, he loosened his grip on her wrists. once rosie felt the burn from his tight grip loosen, she quickly bent her knees so that they would hit rafe and cause him to fall over.