chapter eight

john b and jj rushed into the house, worried for their friend. "rosemary? rosie?" jj called out, hearing two people crying but not being able to figure out from what part of the house. rosemary looked up to the two boys, standing up abruptly and walking into their arms.

"oh my god. i love you guys." rosie gasped out, holding onto both of them tightly.

rosie pulled away a second later, "ms lana is hurt and i don't know what to do. i think they hurt her knee. i– i didn't really get a good look." jj looked at rosie's face, "rosie, you're hurt." which for the record ws true, rosie had a split lip, bruising around her eye and a bleeding nose. "yes, but– ms lana."

"ms lana?.. ms lana!" john b called out, finding her and rushing towards her tired figure that lay against the bathroom door frame. "hey. hey! hey, are you okay? it's okay, it's okay." ms lana turned her head, seeing the three teenagers.

"rosemary, i– i'm so sorry." ms lana cried. the young girl smiled softly, "i'm okay. just wanna see if you're okay."

"dude, she's tweaking." jj said, tapping john b's shoulder.

"do you need a doctor? let's call the sheriff's department." rosie hesitated at john b's words, ms lana beating her to an objection. "no, no, no cops. please."

"mm. that's not good. maybe we should go. what if they come back? let's just go." jj mentioned trying to get rosie and john b to a safer environment. "you shouldn't be here." ms lana said, sobbing loudly. rosie pulled on jj's arm, grasping onto his hand so he would stay with her and john b. "wait, wait. what do you know about these guys?"

rosie's breath hitched, "they were looking for something." john b paused, realizing what they might have been looking for. he quickly pulled the compass from his pocket, holding it out in front of ms lana. "does it have anything to do with this? do you know anything about this?... this is my father's, and scooter had it. why?"

once she saw the compass, her face dropped. "scooter didn't have it, okay? don't tell anyone you have that! they can't know that you have that! you've gotta get out of here!" jj began to pull john b away. "what do you know about the compass?"

rosie looked to john b with a scowl, "calm down, john b. don't yell at her." rosie turned to ms lana, giving her a hug and kissing her lightly on the cheek. "i'm so sorry, ms lana. i'll be back soon to help you clean up. love you and please stay safe!"

⤛ ∴ ∗ ∵☾ ❀ ☽ ∵ ∗ ∴ ⤜

as john b drove back to the chateau, rosie sat on jj's lap with her head on his shoulder as he raked his fingers through her hair in a calming manner. "are you okay, ma fleur?" jj whispered in her ear as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear; rosie nodding back to reassure him.

after arriving at the château, alongside pope and kiara, the two ran to rosie after seeing her bruised and bloodied face. kie and pope pulled her into a tight hug asking if she was okay. pope held onto her for a second longer while kie brushed some of rosie's hair out of her face and kissed her cheek softly saying she was glad rosie was okay.

now, all the pogues sat on the porch while jj chose to tell the two about their eventful morning. "and we were right outside like this. and all we hear is just, 'bam! bam! bam!', knocking paint off the wall, g! from the inside." jj explained, pressing his back against the wall and punching the air causing rosie to flinch slightly in her seat.

"alright? and i'm just looking at him, like– wait, first off, look at this shit. look at it." jj said, walking over and brushing his fingers through this hair to show all the little paint chips that had fallen in his hair. "that's dandruff, disgusting." kie muttered, rosie chuckling quietly in return.