chapter twenty-seven

the next day, john b's plan was put into action by the four pogues. pope was sent to get kiara while jj, john b and rosie were on the boat with sarah. rosie lay on the dock, tanning, when kie and pope pulled up. "hey guys, you made it!," rosie said excitedly at the arrival of two of her best friends. "jj and john b are up in the alp."

"can't you guys do anything without me?," kiara asked, seemingly confused on why she was needed for this. rosie nodded, "yes, but you look hot while doing it. it's a valid reason for you to be here. who else would we call when a hot piece of ass is needed, kie?" kie chuckled, bending down to kiss rosie on the cheek. "you. but i'll take that compliment, thank you."

rosie's smiled widened, watching kie walk over to john b and jj. "what happened?" drowning out the rest of the conversation, rosie got up and walked over to the boat pope was on. pope narrowed his eyes at rosie, he wanted to flirt with kiara but always got too nervous or choked up. he just never knew what to say.

"patience young grasshopper, your time will come," rosie spoke in a prestigious accent, holding onto pope's hand (that he had held out for her to stay balanced), stepping down into the boat. pope silently started the boat, stirring away from his father's boat. just when they were far enough, they saw john b and jj dive into the water in their direction.

"guys! are you joking?" both sarah and kie started to yell at the four pogues, just as john b and jj reached the hms pogue. "get your asses back here!," kie yelled.

"we can't. not until you two figure it out," john b yelled back. "i will kill every single one of you!" jj stood beside rosie as the two girls continued to yell at them. but pope tried to reassure them, "there's food in the cabin, and jj rolled a blunt."

"hydroponic!"

"bye kie! bye sarah! don't kill each other and don't fall in love overnight! you know jb's poor little heart wouldn't be able to handle it!," rosie yelled jokingly, seeing the two girls stand there with angry expressions. once she turned back to face the three boys, john b gave her a harsh glare while jj and pope snickered quietly beside each other.

"oh my god, take a chill pill, john b. obviously i was kidding," rosie laughed before continuing, "kie and sarah hate each other right now, the possibilities of them getting together are super, super slim. although they would make a cute and very attractive couple." the tanned girl plopped down onto the seat beside jj as she spoke. jj tapped her knee lightly, motioning for her to lay her legs across his. the blonde boy slowly turned his head to face rosie.

"not as cute a couple as we are tho, right, ma fleur?" rosie gave him a 'so/so' look, watching his reaction closely.

"as of right now... i can't say. but maybe, if we were in an actual relationship then i might consider adding you into the equation." she whispered with a small smirk as she gently ran her fingertips up and down jj's arm. jj groaned quietly, "god, you're such a tease. and you know it."

rosie smiled widely, "one of my many, many fantastic qualities–and talents!"

⤛ ∴ ∗ ∵☾ ❀ ☽ ∵ ∗ ∴ ⤜

as the four pogues returned to the château, the sun had already started to set, giving everyone's skin a warmer tint. they had planned out something for dinner ahead of time so once that was ready, they all sat down and ate in comfortable silence.

"can we all go to the dock and look at the stars for a bit?," rosie asked, turning to the three boys. they all nodded in response, getting up and following the tanned girl's lead.

the four of them lay close to one another, pointing out shapes and what they thought the brightest or biggest star was. it was impossible to tell but it calmed them down and felt like the first time they had truly let go and relaxed in a while. half an hour later, pope and john b told rosie and jj they were going on a walk. which the couple found slightly odd, a walk at this hour? but jj and rosie didn't question it, too focused on their conversation. however, they did appreciate the privacy pope and john b were providing for them, which was exactly their intentions.