Chapter 10: Lost Cause

With everybody on the aircraft, they headed over to Slovakia. And as they approached the landing area where Ultron was close, Steve gave one of his famous speeches. Despite Steve knowing Dark can tell them the future, he gave the hype speech anyway. Dark had also told him, she didn't want to jinx her luck on having truthful visions, so she didn't say anything nor looked.

Yet she couldn't if she even wanted to. Why? Because she had fear on her shoulders. Preventing her to see what was coming next.

The thought of being faced with Ultron again was terrifying her yet she didn't show it. After her second failed mission, she didn't know she'd be fighting him again. But she tried to take it seriously and focus on one goal. Kill Ultron.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We found out what Utron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right." Steve finished.

Dark advanced towards the edge whilst peering down at the view below. Seeing a familiar place. When she failed her first mission for this whole thing. To retrieve the scepter. When she was manipulated by the girl who was a few feet away from her on the jet. She couldn't believe it either. Things had changed and she never would've expected to be a part of something like this.

With blades in hands and others on her belt, she waited for Steve's signal. But she heard Tony speak up first. "Woah, woah, slow down there, kid. Where do you think you're going?" He asked, harshly moving her out of his way.

Dark stumbled back and met his eyes as she glared. Giving him a confused look, she tilted her head. "To fight."

"With whom?"

Everybody that stood around them all stared and stayed quiet, knowing when Tony starts an argument, it's best to stay away from the conflict. Yet Steve wasn't so convinced when Tony was beginning to talk down the girl.

Dark poked her tongue in her cheek and laughed. She realized what Tony was doing and took a deep breath. She paced back and forth, to get movement so she didn't get easily frustrated. "I am a part of this team, Stark."

"Who said that? I know I didn't," his sarcasm was not fooling her. He stood there, looking for a sense of victory but Dark didn't allow that.

She scoffs, shaking her head. "Are you seriously doing this now? Right when I'm about to fight?" Dark poked at the chest of his suit, nearing closer to him.

He scoffs as well, looking around at the others and back at Dark. "You mean, when we're about to fight. You're staying here, got it?" He began to turn around and signal but Dark stepped forward, grabbing and pulling back.

"Since when do you make all the decisions for what I can and cannot do?" Dark growls. Her grip was tight around his suit that his AI, FRIDAY was alerting him of sudden pressure.

He got in her face and argued back. "I don't know. When you first appeared out of nowhere here, you didn't say a word, so guess who had to make decisions for you? Huh? Come on, guess," he pushed her away.

"You're pathetic," she hissed, standing her ground.

Tony clenched his jaw and pointed his finger at her. "And you're a child. What? Now you're speaking up for yourself?"

Dark was losing her patience now. "You wouldn't understand. You don't know what I've been through-!"

"And I don't need to!" Tony yelled whilst being pulled back by Steve for shoved him off.