Chapter four

"So tell me, what career do you want?" James asked. Vanessa shrugged looking at the little kids sliding on the slides at the playground. Reminded her of when she never cared about what anything thought. When she ran free and was never judged.
"I wanted to be a doctor but I hate hospitals now."
"Why?"
Vanessa looked down, her eyes getting glossy. After a moment James shook his head.
"If it hurts, don't tell me." He quickly said placing an arm around her shoulders.
"Okay cause it is painful. I wanted to be a doctor but then I changed my mind. But now I don't even know." Vanessa turned to see the cars zooming by trying to speed past the yellow light.
"So you don't happen to have Cristiano's number do you?" She quickly asked. James looked at her confused.
"Why?"
"Scarlett wants it."
He stopped walking for a moment but then continued his path.
"Well I have it but I don't know if Cristiano wants me to give it to some girl."
Vanessa crossed her arms, annoyed.
"If you know her then he must know her too don't you think?"
James shrugged.
"I don't know. He meets a lot of models and I don't keep track. Besides he has Irina."
"He broke up with her."
"What? Oh right for some personal reason over a girl he wants to date."
Oh! Vanessa bit her lip. Tough news for Scarlett then.
"Who's the girl he wants to date?" Vanessa asked suddenly. She didn't know why but she kinda needed to know. James looked at her biting his lower lip.
"Um-"
"Hi!" A little girl with her brother ran past them. Vanessa noticed that she had gotten a little too close to James on their walk around the park.
"Hi." She said. The little girl picked up her brother. He kicked and squealed laughing. Something Vanessa had done to her younger siblings. She loved looking at those little kids have fun before they grew up to hate each other.
"Little kids, you gotta love them." James stared at a baby on a stroller as if wanting something.
"No." He said.
"Why not."
"What? Little kids are okay. But when you don't have to take care of them." He said.
"Life." She simply said.
-------------------------------------------------------
"So, you didn't mean anything with that kiss right?" Vanessa asked out of nowhere.
"No, just to get that blond chick off-"
"Okay just making sure."
"Why, did you want me to tell you that I kissed you cause I love you?"
"Do you?"
James turned around, facing the car window.
"James?"
"What?"
"Did you mean something? Because you were kind of... Like you didn't let go of me after the girl left. Someone else walked in so maybe her heels were the ones you thought were hers."
"Um I heard nothing. I mean I knew that... I mean-"
"I find that cute. How you get all nervous."
James was blushing uncontrollably. One of the many reasons why he hated talking to girls.
"I'm just... Concentrating on the road so..." He drove over speed limit, not showing any sign of caring about the rules.
"Well I'm sorry."
"Why?"
"Because I kinda wished that kiss was more than a fake one. Like I wish it had been real."
James kept on staring in front, not even blinking.
"I know, I'm stupid."
"You're not stupid."
"Why not? Why is that not true?"
He increased his speed when the yellow light became visible but hit the brakes when it turned red.
He turned to face her.
"Because...what girl can't resist kissing me?" He joked.
"Not me." Vanessa scoffed.
"You love me."
"I do, so what?"
James turned to see if the red light was still on. Since it was he turned back to her.
"I'll make you the lucky lady." He kissed her again, not as long this time but much more softer. And with much more privacy.
"You're welcome." He began driving again.
"I don't love you because you're famous. It's because of the way you are. I don't care if you're a billionaire. I love you because you're sensitive, sweet, kind hearted-"
"And because I kissed you?"
"James!!!"
"What? It's true!"
"James."
"Vanessa what in the world do you want?"
"Keep looking front." She said quietly.
After a few minutes, James pulled into a store parking lot randomly. Vanessa gave him a confused look.
"Screw driving." He said buckling his seat belt and began kissing her all over again.

A/N please vote and comment! Make my day lovely readers! Xoxoxo
------Gabriella